What if.....

DCFCfranco

I presume you were doing your school homework which is why your mum did all the work.

Roy managed Burton for nearly half a season and took the club up,Clough left the club

in january-grow up.

University work, actually 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Clough was with them for ten years, 20 times longer than Roy Mac. Do you not think, in my analogy, that my mum did about 20 times more work than me?

But yes, grow up Duracell. Using a reasoned argument and applying logic to a different situation to try and pick apart someone's argument on an internet forum...how immature.

I'll make sure I'll grow up next time and I won't try and make a reasoned argument again, if that's now what grown ups do.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means you served it, but if you could please tell your Mum to stop serving roast dinner every day, and maybe try something different like steak for a change it would be nice, the same dish every day gets boring, and if she dont know how maybe she could give someone else a go :-)

Every Sunday, we get a different meat roasted, so it keeps us on our toes. We have everything from Ham to Goose. Is this not enough for you, Leeds Ram? What other traditional dishes could we afford on our budget offering such a wide variety?

The board are limited at the minute due to FFP - I think we should be thankful that we have a board who are highly qualified and very professional in the way they do things.

Forest brought in a board from Kuwait, who're nothing short of delusional after appointing the iconic sean O'Driscoll and trying to smuggle illegals in the country by passing them off as football players - unfortunately they all got rejected for a work permit, now, I wonder how up to date they're with this FFP.

Since this year they're only allowed to cover 12million in losses, Nottingham Forest are very much a team with no massive external income, haven't got many players of 'huge value potential' - besides perhaps lascalles. They will find it hard to push under the carpet - They're being prudent with the way they're running things, 6 loan players shows that but I still think they;re going to make big losses this season - it was 11.4million with the old players, wonder what it will be with this new team.

The Board are neither professional or qualified.They got us into the debt in the first place

as we have heard ad infinitum over the years.FFP is a red herring they never invested anyway.

FFP doesn't come into effect yet,it has already been watered down and is predicted to be modified

again.Get promotion and the investment will be returned 5-fold.

Every Sunday, we get a different meat roasted, so it keeps us on our toes. We have everything from Ham to Goose. Is this not enough for you, Leeds Ram? What other traditional dishes could we afford on our budget offering such a wide variety?

But somehow your mum had made all the meats taste the same granted now and again she makes a nice dinner, but often she makes also mess of the simple things, and instead of trying to find that ultimate taste, she never takes any risks, and when things goes wrong she always blames the ingredients.

Get Ramsey in :-)

I presume you were doing your school homework which is why your mum did all the work.

Roy managed Burton for nearly half a season and took the club up,Clough left the club

in january-grow up.

Didn't Nigel & Co leave B. Albion around 19 points clear in the January - a massive margin in any league? It was a difficult job for anyone to take over and Roy had to rely on another team not winning the last game of the season to just scrape over the line. Roy Mac was in charge when they went into the league but it was little to do with him and everything to do with Nigel Clough,

Duracell you call that a logical reasoned argument?you are having a laugh mate.Still

when you are that young you know it all.

Never said I know it all, far from it. Do you know it all when you're older, then?

You haven't actually come back at my argument, you've only come back at my age so far. Leaving aside my point...that's not a logical argument.

But somehow your mum had made all the meats taste the same granted now and again she makes a nice dinner, but often she makes also mess of the simple things, and instead of trying to find that ultimate taste, she never takes any risks, and when things goes wrong she always blames the ingredients.

Get Ramsey in :-)

Are you my dad?

Didn't Nigel & Co leave B. Albion around 19 points clear in the January - a massive margin in any league? It was a difficult job for anyone to take over and Roy had to rely on another team not winning the last game of the season to just scrape over the line. Roy Mac was in charge when they went into the league but it was little to do with him and everything to do with Nigel Clough,

We will never know will we.However looking at Cloughs record with us he probably would have blown

it.Still at least I have managed to set the record straight,many people on here keep perpetuating

the myth that Clough achieved a promotion.He didn't.

The Board are neither professional or qualified.They got us into the debt in the first place

as we have heard ad infinitum over the years.FFP is a red herring they never invested anyway.

FFP doesn't come into effect yet,it has already been watered down and is predicted to be modified

again.Get promotion and the investment will be returned 5-fold.

It actually comes in effect from your annual finance report in Dec 12 - no sanctions will be dished out until Dec 14 but yes it is coming into practise.

I think some people choose to ignore it, others scream blue mary about it - it will take effect, and as you said the advantage is very much with those with parachute payments.

I don't know the ins and outs, not pretend to know, or even care. I just want a football team to support at the end of the day.

Also they have been professional and astute enough - not sure how much more cost cutting can be done, don't really want to find out - we're still 7.7million? (or was) 7.7million over budget.

That sort of money isn't negligible especially now the tide is turning in the football league at least...

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c101.0.403.403/p403x403/197445_434723456586489_1173754912_n

We can easily settle this Duracell ask you mum to invite us all to sunday dinner and i'll

wash up.

Haha, ok, you're clearly on a wind up mission and I give up now.

You apply a particular logic to something, I apply the exact same logic to another situation, you call it illogical (despite it being your own logic), and then go on to comment on nothing but my age.

And rather ironically tell me to grow up.

Nevermind, was nice trying to debate with you.

We will never know will we.However looking at Cloughs record with us he probably would have blown

it.Still at least I have managed to set the record straight,many people on here keep perpetuating

You are absolutely correct, Nigel Clough was not at Burton Albion when they were promoted. He had already been offered a job with a bigger club based on the superb job he did at Burton. I suspect that they would have won that league by a record margin had he not left.

This is big guesswork, but I'd imagine Hill and Clough are on similar wages. I'd also hazard a guess that any manager on the same money as Clough probably has the same sort of record he does.

I think the question, if Clough were to leave would be will the board spend more moeny to get someone else in? I'd guess the answer would be no.

So unless we spend more money, we'll have a similar level of manager.

He did of course get Burton promoted from the Northern Premier League. Unless, of course, he went for a p**s at some point during a game, in which case whoever stood on the touchline at that time was wholly responsible...

You are absolutely correct, Nigel Clough was not at Burton Albion when they were promoted. He had already been offered a job with a bigger club based on the superb job he did at Burton. I suspect that they would have won that league by a record margin had he not left.

I think it was based on who his father was and that he came chesp.

He did of course get Burton promoted from the Northern Premier League. Unless, of course, he went for a p**s at some point during a game, in which case whoever stood on the touchline at that time was wholly responsible...

Which is not football league of course.He apparently managed a sunday morning pub team and did quite

well.

Archived