Pick Our Best Side.

Ambitious

After much discussion in the other thread, just wanted to see opinions on what our best side is! this is probably our most settled side under Clough, not looking to bring anyone in and we have a close knit group so what is the best 18 and who, what, where and why?

for me...

----------------------------------Fielding

Brayford--------------Keogh---------Buxton--------------Roberts

---------------------------------Hendrick

--------------------Bryson--------------------Hughes

Coutts----------------------------------------------------------Ward

----------------------------------Sammon

Lego

O'Connor

O'Brien

Freeman

Tyson

Jacobs

TheoRobinson

Obviously the team is very similar to the one we play with and ward can give us that cover, and that second striker if needed... Hughes can go wide left.

3 defensive options and 3 attacking options is ideal for me on the bench - it allows us to either sit or push depending on the result.

I thought I would do this as some people prefer O'Connor over Buxton, Hendrick has been mentioned to be dropped and some people prefer Ward wide left...etc

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me...

Brayford--------------Keogh---------O'Connor--------------Roberts

--------------------Bryson--------------------Bailey (yes Bailey)

Coutts--------------------------Hughes----------------------Ward

Lego

Buxton

Freeman

Hendrick

Jacobs

Tyson

Robinson

I'd like to fit Theo into the frame somewhere as I feel he will "feed" off of Sammons knock downs and flick ons much more. The only real gripe I have when we play Sammon and Ward is Sammon is flicking the ball on (good flick ons too) to nobody. Ward likes to drop deep instead of going in behind. So far stats (if you take any notice) say that Ward is blossoming in his new striker role. Despite his goals and assists I like him better on the wing.

I've not been too impressed with Hendrick so far, I wouldn't change him just yet but if he doesn't pick his form up then i'd drop him and push Hughes inside.

Brayford--------------Keogh---------Buxton--------------Roberts

---------------------------------Hendrick

--------------------Bryson--------------------Hughes

Coutts----------------------------------------------------------Ward

Hendrick and Buxton are the weak links in that team for me. I'd have O'Connor in over Bucko and although Hendrick will improve, he isn't a defensive midfielder/ anchor/ tackler/ breaker upper for me. Decent team though, would be nice to see Hughes with a free reign.

Hendrick and Buxton are the weak links in that team for me. I'd have O'Connor in over Bucko and although Hendrick will improve, he isn't a defensive midfielder/ anchor/ tackler/ breaker upper for me. Decent team though, would be nice to see Hughes with a free reign.

If Buxton and Hendrick are weak links then I think that says a lot about our squad in fairness.

If Buxton and Hendrick are weak links then I think that says a lot about our squad in fairness.

For sure, that's the team I'd pick as well, just with O'Connor in. In the past we've had passengers, not any more. Everyone in that team knows their role and plays for the shirt. Clough is building a decent Championship team.

Archived