Southampton

G STAR RAM

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clowns.

What do managers have to do nowadays to keep a job, for christ sakes.

Southampton aint bloody man utd, they play good football, Lambert is the highest scoring englishman in the prem, came from 2 down AT Chelsea. Gets sacked. Muppets.

Same with Lee clarke at Huddersfield, loses 1 in about 50 games....Sacked.

Footballs gone mad, no wonder people are getting dissolusioned with the game, me included.

I know Southampton are far from safe but I wonder what the original callers thoughts are now. Looked impressive whenever I have seen them.

Well shows what I know about football!

Owners obviously not very impressed and the caller has got his wish.

Hope they get relegated now.

Excellent decision..

Following in Swanseas footsteps by picking up a quality foreign manager who can get his team to perform well by playing good football and doing so by picking up cheap quality players from abroad..

It seems mad, but actually it's a very astute move and it will take them onto the next level.. A level beyond what only a half decent English manager with limited knowledge of the foreign game could do.. Feck me another club I'm jealous of now..

Also couldn't have happened at a better time.. Now that Saints are safe, and they'll easily stay up, they could attract someone like Pochettino.. I'm stunned this has been taken any other way..

Excellent decision..

Following in Swanseas footsteps by picking up a quality foreign manager who can get his team to perform well by playing good football and doing so by picking up cheap quality players from abroad..

It seems mad, but actually it's a very astute move and it will take them onto the next level.. A level beyond what only a half decent English manager with limited knowledge of the foreign game could do.. Feck me another club I'm jealous of now..

Also couldn't have happened at a better time.. Now that Saints are safe, and they'll easily stay up, they could attract someone like Pochettino.. I'm stunned this has been taken any other way..

Vintage stuff.

Swansea had a vacancy so it's not following in their footsteps.

Saints are NOT safe.

An English manager managing in England with a limited knowledge of the game elsewhere or a foreign manager with knowledge of other leagues (including incidentally, seeing the Spanish Prima from the very bottom) with little knowledge of the English game.

Otherwise, excellent.

Excellent decision..

You really are a contrarian aren't you?

Get his team to perform well? Saw Espanyol just before he and they parted company. They were bottom place.. Yes thats LAST place in La Liga and they were woeful. One of the worst Spanish club teams I have ever seen!

Now I dont think the idea of replacing one manager for another one, with a better track record and more experience is neccesarily a bad thing... But Adkins sacking borders on lunacy.. Especially to replace him with this fella.

Best thing he has done in football is give England a penalty v Argentina in 2002 World Cup!!!

Which champ club are gonna sack their manager next to try and get adkins. Blackburn, Wolves, Forest? The way things are going down the road we might see McCleish booted WHEN we beat them tomorrow.

A small adjustment was necessary as I can't be doing with indecision!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Excellent decision..

So if Saints go down now, bearing in mind they're 16th atm, is that still Adkins's fault? Just because he's 'only a half decent English manager with limited knowledge of the foreign game'? Or is it not possible that a decent English manager might make a better PL manager than an average-to-mediocre foreign coach in your opinion?

'Stunned this has been taken any other way'...what the hell are you talking about? A man who's taken them to successive promotions and has finally got them around to playing decent football at the top level, off the back of a decent draw at Chelsea...yeah I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a Saints fan...

A small adjustment was necessary as I can't be doing with indecision!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I wish that Kuwaiti fellow at Forest would come to Derby and sort us out. Nigel has almost no idea about Middle Eastern football and we desperately need someone more foreign than him and our Anglophile-American friends.

I would maybe see some point in Bris' post (although I personally don't agree in sacking managers for doing nothing wrong) but Southampton are far from safe and if the new guy has an indifferent start and loses the dressing room and cannot adapt to the English game...then their fans will be most angry with the powers-that-be. Very risky move.

His tan was starting to fade anyhow, nice pay off and a few weeks in the sun, no relegation on his CV and has the sympathy of the footballing world to help him into another job.

Great day for Adkins when you think about it.

Archived