Oconner and Keogh looks top notch partnership

Curtains

Our manager has obviously decided that they way we will play is with precision and ball retention from the backline. Keogh and O connor fit the bill for this style of play perfectly. The thought is if we have the ball then they cant score. Obvious really. To me this is why Shackell was sold. Not good enough with his ball playing skills to fit into this new system. Cant see Barks getting much of a sniff again once or if he gets back to fitness. Nigel Clough teams in his own mould will be modern versions of the teams he played in at Florist. Workmen like midfields, intelligent movement from 1 to 11 and defnders that can play a ball out from the back. Jake Buxton will be bit part as will OB aslong as Keogh and OC stay fit.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Better on the ball, but he aint as dominate in the air, and seems to put too many last ditch tackles in, after a player has easily gone past him.

Just like Higgingbotham back in the day.

I still think I prefer shackell or barker when our backs are against the wall.

Although keogh is a class act bringing the ball out of defence.

I guess overall, I can never be completely happy with him, whilst our defence looks as shaky as it does.

I bet Frankie had more clean sheets as a teenager discovering internet than he will have this season.

I remember seeing O'Connor at huddersfield after he made a mistake. The look on his face scared me. He looked embarrassed and it effected him immediately. To me, it seems as though he has confidence issues.

Keogh though...first half today he was class. The guy gets around, tackles really well, seems to be a good captain, and passes the ball better than any player at the club. He suits the style of play that Clough wants, and for that reason I'd have him over Shackell any day.

Are most of the goals we concede coming down from the left hand side?

Just wondering about cover issues, when Roberts goes forward who covers him?

Yes the left side seems to be a major problem.

I don't think it's Roberts who is solely to blame, there seems a serious lack of cover on that side. Will Hughes is going to struggle to offer quality defensive cover as he doesn't have the experience yet, he's out of position to extent, also he's not a defensive player.

Archived