Oconner and Keogh looks top notch partnership

Curtains

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its good Franco that you now think Jimmy O,Connor is just as good as Bucko. They can both do a job IMO. But last night Jimmy and Richard were brilliant as they were against Blackpool.

I know that you rate o'connor much higher than bucko. You've had that view since the burnley game at least.

O'Connor gives the ball away too easily for my liking (stupid long passes that are not necessary) and his awareness of what / who is around him is not too great. I have no big problem with him keeping his place for the game on Tuesday but suspect that Buxton will be back in on Saturday.

Simply because Buxton deals with the high balls better, does not get dragged out of position, tackles better and has better distribution. O'Connor drives me crazy with his stupid long balls straight to the opposition. I can forgive him being dragged out of position as he is a full back by trade.

I don't agree with this at all. If you went to the Forest game as I did you would have seen Dexter Blackstock give Buxton a torrid time until he got sent off. Bucko was all over the place as he was against Posh. Against Forest Bucko could have been sent off as he was at Posh. O,Connor is wearing the shirt at the moment. The Goalkeeper situation is the same. Barring injuries don't change it. Its a fallacy to say O,Connor plays poor passes I think its the other way round. Bucko is ok but really let's not think for one minute he will stop good teams with nippy forwards from scoring. Sentiment in Football doesn't exist.

I know you are a fan of Jimmy O'Connor so let's just agree that I am correct 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Buxton will probably be back in on Saturday.

Really hope not on your head be it then m8 you'll see what happens then. I've always suspected your in the know. But if Jimmys dropped it will be a gross injustice. Its the doom and gloom senario for me again then m8

I am sure that Jimmy O'Connor will get plenty of games this season. It might even be at his best position at right back if Brayford is used to shore up midfield. If Hughes moves into a more central role for some games, it would need someone else in there to lend some experience.

Archived