Oconner and Keogh looks top notch partnership

Curtains

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ambitious. Huddersfield scoring for fun at Bloomfield rd. Winning 3-1. Now then According to you O,Connor was poor at Huddersfield but we only conceded 1 goal. I suggest Huddersfield are a good strong physical side.

I was just pointing out that O'Connor has been at fault for more goals than anyone, so to put him in the team over someone being at fault for 1 goal doesn't add up.

O'Connor is a really good footballer, decent defender but nothing on Bucko for me and centre back definitely isn't O'Connors natural position!

I don't accept your argument Ambitious you keep coming up with this fictitious argument about O,Conner.

I watched all the goals again to make sure I wasn't day dreaming but yes, he was at fault for all of them, not on his own mind.

Charltons first one... he was caught ball watching and was completely hung out to dry when the ball came into the box.

Huddersfield goal... he allowed Hammill to run at him for 30/40 yards and then put a easy ball into the box.

Bolton... wasn't a good game for the bloke, first goal he allowed his man to peal off from him and collect the rebound and put it in and that second one, wow... he got turned inside out all ends up, very very very poor on that occasion.

Wolves.... was another howler from him, the **** up for when ebanks hit the crossbar from 6 yards was really, really REALLY bad as well, but for their goal he got caught out with the pass across and then decided to dive in when he should of tracked the ball.

You can look and say if I am being too harsh or what, and I know he has done well in other aspects but for me he just isn't close to Buxton at Centre back, and Buxton wouldn't be close to o'connor at right back/left back.

You completely forget at Huddersfield just taking one example that Hughes and Roberts lost the ball attacking up the left in the first minute. Huddersfields player bombed away down their right attacking our defence. OConnor teied to cover and backing off at pace was exposed. The cross came in and Ward beat Keogh to the cross and scored a great goal.

Yeah, but he allowed Hammill to run 30/40 yards.

other players made mistakes as well, but he played his major part in all of them goals, since he had a chance to stop the danger but didn't then he should shoulder some blame.

I watched all the goals again to make sure I wasn't day dreaming but yes, he was at fault for all of them, not on his own mind.

Charltons first one... he was caught ball watching and was completely hung out to dry when the ball came into the box.

Huddersfield goal... he allowed Hammill to run at him for 30/40 yards and then put a easy ball into the box.

Bolton... wasn't a good game for the bloke, first goal he allowed his man to peal off from him and collect the rebound and put it in and that second one, wow... he got turned inside out all ends up, very very very poor on that occasion.

Wolves.... was another howler from him, the **** up for when ebanks hit the crossbar from 6 yards was really, really REALLY bad as well, but for their goal he got caught out with the pass across and then decided to dive in when he should of tracked the ball.

You can look and say if I am being too harsh or what, and I know he has done well in other aspects but for me he just isn't close to Buxton at Centre back, and Buxton wouldn't be close to o'connor at right back/left back.

tbf fair to o'connor wasnt the bolton away game his debut? maybe nerves got the better of him. and the charlton goal any player could have charged their player (green?) down.

tbf fair to o'connor wasnt the bolton away game his debut? maybe nerves got the better of him. and the charlton goal any player could have charged their player (green?) down.

not that one, the one with the cross into the box kermogrants goal.... he was caught stranded in no mans land and paid the price player nipped in behind him and scored.

im getting the feeling curtains that you think every goal we concede is anyone but o'connors fault. i dont think we have conceded a goal that was entirely down to him but he has also made mistakes as well as other player that has contributed to us conceding.

The Bolton second one was really embarrassing, horrible defending on his part.

Sometimes a player moves out of their supposed 'natural' position and surprises everyone - themselves included - in a new role.

E.g. Dave langan or Christian dailly.

Maybe o'connor is a better sweeper than he is a full-back.

• 1 month later...

I'm not 100% convinced with O'Connor at centre back, his first half display still pinpointed the flaws in his game. A costly slip and some crazy positioning that on another day would be more costly.

I have to say his second half performance was top notch though, not a foot wrong and restricted Blackpool to long range efforts.

A very good squad player to have either way.

Archived