Oconner and Keogh looks top notch partnership

Curtains

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sage I don't make things up. Bucko and Roberts made it impossible for Fielding to come out

That's ******. They are marking the forwards (maybe badly). It's Fielding's decision to come out and if he calls and then does come for it, hey clear out the way. To suggest they should just leave forwards to head at goal with no call as the keeper should theoretically come for it is pathetic.

You can blame Ward our star man for the 1st. So at least sat Bucko for the 2nd

I didn't say Bucko wasn't at fault or partly at fault for the second goal. He sliced a clearance on the halfway line. Brayford should have closed the crosser down. Fielding should have come for it. With Fielding not coming for it, Bucko or Roberts should have got a better challenge in.

What didn't happen was Bucko getting in Fielding's way. That's rubbish.

Its arguable whether Fielding should com or not. If he comes and misses it he risks injury by hammering into players. The root cause of the goal was a bad mistake by Bucko near the half way line. Once the cross comes in after Coutts Bryson and Brayford failed to stop it Bucko and Roberts never got off the ground. Fielding thought about coming but decided against it. At Huddersfield Fielding came off his line catching and punching when needed. Centre backs and goalkeepers have to communicate.

The initial sliced clearance put us on the back foot, but we should have been able to defend from there. I would suggest Coutts did his job and Bryson tried to cover Brayford but couldn't get there in time. I'm not sure how you can claim whether it's arguable whether Fielding should come or not on the basis he could get injured. in terms of communication on crosses, it's a one way system. From the keeper.

Archived