Supporters Committee & Sausages

Day

Last night myself and Scott went to the iPro Stadium for dinner with Mel, Sam, McClaren, Tyrell, Pearce, Vickers, Michael Johnson, Roy McFarland, Roger Davies and several fan groups/organisations.

I can confirm the club have addressed the lack of meat issue, a banterous Mel had organised a personalised sausage starter for myself, followed by a full plate of sausages for my main course.

Not sure if that was organised before or after we was all asked to introduce ourselves and I spoke of being very friendly with Mel's lawyers as he threw daggers in arm gestures.

The purpose for the dinner was discuss the supporters committee that was teased recently at the Marketing Derby Q&A.

As of now the committee is still just an idea and those that attended will meet with the club in 6 weeks to hold further talks.

This is not just a DCFC Fans Forum committee, each group/organisation the club invited were given 2 invites and does not guarantee myself or Scott a seat on this committee however I would like to see this forum represented given how many active fans we have.

The committee once finalised will meet with the  club on a regular basis and given the opportunity to raise any issues, ask questions on behalf of the fans they represent.

I know from speaking with Mel privately before tonight he is aware not all fans will be accepting shall we say of the committee although it is hoped the majority will see this as a positive move forward in club and fan relations.

I did have the opportunity to ask a question on Chris Martin. The situation is that Martin could return although this would have to be mutually agreed by both clubs. As of now McClaren is more than happy with the forwards he has, in January he may feel different. 

McClaren, grateful for the opportunity, considers himself to be very lucky. First thing Mel an Steve did was laugh when they first met.

Wants to bring back the entertaining football we was spoilt with in 13/14, 4-4-2 is a thing of the past, was shaking his head as Mel relived the Pearson era.

The Derby Way has never changed, Pearson was fully on board yet failed to deliver. Drones, players running to Mel was totally rubbished.

Scott asked the question of Manager v Head Coach, was told not to read too much into the title. 

If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer with Scott, you're probably thinking what use are you if you can't remember, I'm on my phone in a hotel room and the evening was 4hrs with free alcohol, need I say more? 

To be fair nobody abused the free bar and I was able to leave the ground in a straight line, hopefully at future meetings we will be able to take notes or recordings.

Was a great night with plenty of banter and flying around, I know the club will be reading so would like to say thanks once again.

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look closely you can see David being handed a brown envelope by Sam Rush in the reflection of the Budweiser bottle. At least, I think it's Rush. They all appear to have removed their masks and it difficult to tell one lizard from the next.

16 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Is this for people that actually give some Fans' Useful and Considered Suggestions?

You missed out 'Knowledgeable'.

32 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

How would you select the reps... public vote?

would be intestesting to have people who will ask direct questions.. just saying like.

There was a suggestion of rotating committee members on say a 6 month rotation so that more fans get the opportunity to be involved.

IF this forum is given 2 seats a vote on the forum is definitely one way of elected which members represent us.

Rotation is the fairest way in my opinion and hopefully the club go down this route.

18 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Is this for people that actually give some Fans' Useful and Considered Suggestions?

This is an opportunity for us to raise issues, ask questions or bring suggestions to the club on behalf of the forum.

The club are aware that this committee will not speak on behalf of the entire fan base.

What this isn't is a chance for X members to go into the club raising their own personal issues or recommending players for McClaren

Archived