young lads

B4ev6is

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is not just last night even at bristrol city when he came on i mean tom ince he kepted giving the ball away and throwing up his arms in a mardy. Before he came on we were keeping the ball and created a few chances.

Rubbish. 

I don't think these are the right circumstances to start trying out younger players. We're already at or close to must win games now to get the season back on course, Saturday isn't the last game of a season with nothing to play for and Pearson will know that this cannot continue for him to remain in the job.

Strongest team possible Saturday.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I would maybe give some young players a try with a mixture senior players.

I would consider giving max low a start on saturday against blackburn and johnthan mitchall a start unless carson is over his illness.

I would consider putting charles vicemen a place on the beanch And with him rawson as well. Stuart peace done a decent job covering shackall.

A thread about young lads and you're suggesting a 54 year old retired ex-redscum full back should play centre half? Can't get on board with that I'm afraid...

43 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I watched ince particularly carefully when he came on and noticed a couple of things.

- he didn't seem to know where Pearson wanted him to play. He came out right, then went backwards and inside so he was kind of in our own half. If the instructions are that unclear then we have problems.

- On one occasion he paid the ball off to Christie on the RW but then showed for on the edge of Liverpools box in a kind of inside right position. pearson was clearly directing him with his hands to make an outside run for Christie to play him in down the right of Liverpools box. But he didn't - just stood there and then Christie tried to take on the full back and failed. At which point Pearson threw his hands up. Surprisingly unintelligent play from Tom.

Make an outside run to set himself up for an aimless cross on his right foot, to an empty box with non-scoring strikers in instead of cutting inside on his favoured left and having a pop? Surprisingly unintelligent directions from Nigel.

"Put the ball in an area"

"Give them something to get on to"

Bleugh.

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

Make an outside run to set himself up for an aimless cross on his right foot, to an empty box with non-scoring strikers in instead of cutting inside on his favoured left and having a pop? Surprisingly unintelligent directions from Nigel.

Bleugh.

I was watching Ince closely to and I agree with @Tombo. From where I was sat he was making good runs but Christie didn't release him. He busted his gut getting back. His arms went up a few times but I would to if I wasn't getting the service. I always thought Ince was better cutting inside. 

3 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

I thought Mitchell had a good game. In particular, I can't recall any of his goal kicks or clearances going into touch - a refreshing change after watching Carson over the last few games.

I did too. Excellent save down to his right on the half hour. So so fast and punched it away with 2 fists. 1st goal took what looked like a deflection and he had little chance. Should have done better with the second, the 3rd was such a peach of a finish I couldn't critisise anyone. Tipped that good free kick over the bar .. Very sharp. Kicking was quick and well directed. Has more than the makings of a good keeper especially at his age. 

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

Bleugh.

'surprisingly'

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

Bleugh.

Or rather on this occasion play the pass where the space was ans the defender wasnt (moreno having been attracted to the ball with christie) rather than to toms feet when he had one defender directly behind him and a second in position ready for the turn inside.

Anyway no ball was played at all.

The best team should play, regardless of age or experience. 

I wouldn't mind giving the youngsters more of a chance, but we can't do it against Blackburn. For all intents and purposes, at this present moment, it's a huge game that could define our season. We could drop into the bottom three, losing to a fellow relegation contender and I wouldn't really like the thought of Lowe, Rawson, Elsnik feeling the full force of what promises to be a poisonous atmosphere. 

Archived