Will Hughes

Warren Hobhead

Complete myth. 

He played like that at Barnsley too. 

And people wonder why he's still here. 

Enjoy the meltdown, people. I'm off to get hammered myself. Embarrassment tonight. One shot on target was it? Out-fought, out-battled. Burton wanted it more. They had a game-plan. Burton chuffin Albion. Well done, Mel. 

Pass me the JD.:blink:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Stop trying to play him as a holding midfielder then. 

Whilst he's obviously not at home in that position that doesn't mean he loses everything else which seems so at the moment.

He's starting to plant a seed of doubt in my mind with his start to the season. Looks off it completely. 

Not had a a great start to the season but it's so unfair to single him out when I can't actually say I think anyone's had a good start to the season (maybe Shackell and Keogh). 

Let's not forget what Hughes can do, what we've seen him do and why we expect such a lot from him. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Whilst he's obviously not at home in that position that doesn't mean he loses everything else which seems so at the moment.

He's starting to plant a seed of doubt in my mind with his start to the season. Looks off it completely. 

The lad is a play-maker, you try playing him as a box to box midfielder he is going to be poor. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Stop trying to play him as a holding midfielder then. 

Totally agree. Play him in a free advanced position, with runners available and give him all the confidence he needs and let the boy play. As opposed to what NP is doing which is very very odd to say the least. Oh, and unproductive too.

No question about his talent or ability. Just use him properly in an attack minded system IMO.

7 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Need to sell Hendrick and use money on top striker.

At present I would welcome Hendrick back into this side.

Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield have all been poor of late.

Trouble is, so have our wide players, so it doesn't really matter which formation we play, there won't be anything for our forwards to work off.

He's best offensively when he's got license to roam and people to pass to.  He's best defensively when he's got license to go chasing the ball and press the other team. So obviously we play him in a role that gives him licence to roam either defensively or offensively and gives him no one to pass to.  It's not flipping rocket science - tell players to not do what they are good at, and to do what they're bad at, they're gonna look bad.

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The lad is a play-maker, you try playing him as a box to box midfielder he is going to be poor. 

I'm not expecting him to dominate a game but I'd like to see him at least try and influence it, he's (apparently) one of the best midfielders in the league yet he's happy dropping the ball off in 4/5 yard passes and then hiding off it. I appreciate he's not got as many options as he should have but he looks devoid of any confidence at the minute. 

For a player with the ability we know he has and all the hype that goes with it, he's well short of his previously seen high standards. 

We're definitely holding him back in this deeper role but at the same time the simple stuff should be still there. It isn't at the moment. 

He's not a defensive midfielder, terrible at marking, no real defensive awareness & too lightweight & comes too deep to collect a five yard pass from the back two

excellent going forward, can unlock defences and plas like a championship version (poor mand version) of a cesc fabregas  

next week chris martin & darren bent at centre back 

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

At present I would welcome Hendrick back into this side.

Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield have all been poor of late.

Trouble is, so have our wide players, so it doesn't really matter which formation we play, there won't be anything for our forwards to work off.

And then the cycle starts again, Hendrick plays **** play someone else

Archived