Will Hughes

Warren Hobhead

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gets boring saying how can you expect strikers to score with no midfield supply. It will be the same for whoever we sign!

We will see now right but at least give it a couple of months or a bit longer for Wilson and Vydra and maybe Kodjia then you can say that  .

David Nish took a season to be the greatest full back Derby ever had.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it should baffle me that a player of Will's quality, quite clearly being played out of position, gets singled out for criticism. But this is a Derby County fan's forum so it doesn't. 

Playing Will in the holding role is like a monk with a massive cock, absolutely wasted. 

He's not going to shine in a side where the only noticeable game plan was to "pass it around the back a bit, then one of you hoof it forward aimlessly". Surely it's not that hard to see that Will isn't to bloody blame here.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Gets boring saying how can you expect strikers to score with no midfield supply. It will be the same for whoever we sign!

At HT we went 4_4_2 he moved Will further up field , if the players in this case Butterfield and Martin get an instruction and fail to do it then the manager has to remove them and that's what he did.

Unfortunately we really only had offside Bent to come on as goal poacher, just a pity we hadn't signed Vydra a day earlier.

7 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

it should baffle me that a player of Will's quality, quite clearly being played out of position, gets singled out for criticism. But this is a Derby County fan's forum so it doesn't. 

Playing Will in the holding role is like a monk with a massive cock, absolutely wasted. 

He's not going to shine in a side where the only noticeable game plan was to "pass it around the back a bit, then one of you hoof it forward aimlessly". Surely it's not that hard to see that Will isn't to bloody blame here.

Trade it in for some decent laying chickens. Eggyweg for brekkywek.

3 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

Will is a quality midfield and any midfielder worth his weight can break down attacks and create from the middle of the park. Playing Bryson and Will together didn't  work, they got dragged back to often and couldn't  put to passes together in the 1st half.

The alternative was to  play Butterfield as the midfielder  in that position, but hang on he isn't  the greatest of passing the ball. Thorne is out, we need somebody capable of breaking down the opposition attacks and to create play for us Will is the best we have.

The reality of last night is we had know answer for Burton's wing backs, they played 3 at the back plus 2 pacy wing backs and that caused us no end of problems.

I know the title of this blog is about Will Hughes with mixed coments about his ability. Well he is class, but he is not a holding midfielder. The buck stops with the manager, don't play class players out of position. He should play Hanson or Baird in that role until Thorne is fit. Hughes would create more chances in a more forward role for quicker players like Vydra, Wilson and maybe Kodja. We need to change things and I am happy we have new fast, clever strikers coming in which could spell the end for Bent and Maritn. Chris Martin is a very good Championship standard striker and we should cash in on him while clubs are interested in him, because if we do get promotion he would not be good enough in the Premier league. 

6 hours ago, Gladram said:

I've read your post a couple of times and I can't decide if it's a serious post. Originally thought it was a joke but having read other posts on the forum I'm not sure.

I still think its a joke but will respond to its points.

To say players don't care or want to lose is ridiculous. These are competitive athletes and the will to win has got them to the level they are at. They may not run around as much as less skillful players but this is because they shouldn't need to, they should be able to do it by football skills. Lacm of headless running does not mean they don't care.

I'd much rather watch a skillful player rather than a 110% type player, skill will win out.

Others may want different but I want to watch good football, based on the games so far I'll support the team but not sure I'll put myself out to attend games ,even with a season ticket.  As Gladiator said, I want to be entertained. 

Yeah, I was joking/being a dick.

We're reading from the same page

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Chris Martin is a very good Championship standard striker and we should cash in on him while clubs are interested in him, because if we do get promotion he would not be good enough in the Premier league. 

Saying it don't make it so! If only we could get to the Prem, but I expect that's Martin's fault too! :D

Players come and go i dont care who it is as long its in the best interest for dcfc. that midfield needs shaking up coz there terrible at moment u can buy as many strikers as u want but if they dont get the service then why have so many strikers at the club.

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

We must be the only ones because no-one else has responded lol

Been chewing this one over as I remember hughes breaking into NCs team on the rhs of midfield. I think at the time the centre mids were 2 of savage,  green and hendrick. 

I don't recall that it was a particularly successful period but don't know  (or can't remember ) how will got on.

It's an interesting idea. He lacks pace though - which is possibly why a midfield 3 suits him better than a 2.

But if we put him wide right he isn't going to take a man on and skin them like camara so presumably the hope would be that he might model his game on someone like Beckham. My major concern with that idea is actually needing a more intelligent rb than Christie. I can't see a partnership of those 2 working well.

1 hour ago, Dcfc10 said:

Players come and go i dont care who it is as long its in the best interest for dcfc. that midfield needs shaking up coz there terrible at moment u can buy as many strikers as u want but if they dont get the service then why have so many strikers at the club.

We can't just keep trying to solve problems by spunking money up the wall. Ask yourself - why are our midfield terrible at the moment?

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

We can't just keep trying to solve problems by spunking money up the wall. Ask yourself - why are our midfield terrible at the moment?

What money. 

We ain't spent that much. 

Sam Rush has wheeled and dealed very well. 

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

:blink: what?!

I'm serious what is our record transfer. 

Itemize the money we have spent and tell me who is a waste of money. 

Thorne and Shackell bargains for a start. 

Russell and Butterfield  bargains 

Wiemann bargain  

Johnson 6 million is still a decent fee  

Blackman and Camara bargains  

Ollson  scored against the RED Dogs bargain  

Christie bargain 

Pearce bargain  

TODAYS MARKET   

Vydra will be a good signing  

Wilson good loan  signing  

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I'm serious what is our record transfer. 

Itemize the money we have spent and tell me who is a waste of money. 

Thorne and Shackell bargains for a start. 

Russell and Byayford bargains 

Our record transfer is £8m, we have broken it three times in 12 months.

Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Weimann for a start have done nothing to warrant the fees we paid for them. If you think we've bought well in the last 12 months you need to give your head a wobble.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Our record transfer is £8m, we have broken it three times in 12 months.

Johnson, Butterfield, Blackman, Weimann for a start have done nothing to warrant the fees we paid for them. If you think we've bought well in the last 12 months you need to give your head a wobble.

I haven't written off them players have you ? 

You might eat your words m8 if we go up. 

Who knows its only 5 games gone. 

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

I haven't written off them players have you ? 

You might eat your words m8 if we go up. 

Who knows its only 5 games gone. 

I haven't written them off but so far they aren't worth the money. I sincerely hope I am eating my words but I've not really criticised them.

Archived