OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

17 minutes ago, archied said:

Not by me ,, getting a top rated coach is doing your best for Derby , if you do your best and it don't work out ,well you did your best how can anybody moan , 

So he goes to Wassall and say, "sorry Daz but the fans demand Rogers or anybody but you" Daz gets the hump and leaves the club, the academy goes downhill and Rogers fails and the fans get on Mels back for ruining the club.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ossieram said:

So he goes to Wassall and say, "sorry Daz but the fans demand Rogers or anybody but you" Daz gets the hump and leaves the club, the academy goes downhill and Rogers fails and the fans get on Mels back for ruining the club.

fanciful ref.academy with millions spent on it going downhill.

23 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If I were you I would take them back now.

He spent £23 million on Academy. Won the U21 League. In the Play Offs. Bought the Club and ground. No debt. 30,000 every week. Best pitch in world being laid for next year. £25 million on players. Not happy with entertainment value of team so sacked the manager (not cheap). The guy is the best thing that has happened to us in donkeys years. We had been paying the stadium off for 20 years!!!

Mel,,.What a guy!.

you have missed out lowering Sam responsibilities and managerial appointments.

Clement left because he would not manage the team the way the owner wanted. Clement probably thought he worked and was employed by Sam. To suddenly find himself answerable at bi weekly meetings to Mel would explain his giving up, and the rot that set in after Xmas ( when Clement went for attacking subs vs Boro of all places ....... Wonder why he did that ? )

If you spend £100 million on a Club, you can pretty much do what you like with it. The guy is a genius Businessman. The Derby Way is still being crystalised. If you said that Hull at Home was the Derby way then the case is closed. We have got Arry. Wassall will not be given the job without Arry. If Arry can do his work and keep a low profile then he is on a very good little earner. Good combination. Arry is good for another five years at the Rams if it works..Why not?

Barker is spot on.

Wassall was on a hiding to nothing, and he is in a no win situation. Shame really because unlike anyone else we bring in, this guy is derby through and through, and if he did well, he wouldnt feel the need to go to a bigger club.

Mel is spending £2 million on Academy pitches!!! He is going nowhere soon. He will have a self sustaining Premiership team that the City is proud of for certain. Derby County will be seen as model of how to run a Football Club. If you are not already aware of this then you are not looking at the details of what Mel is doing. If you cannot work with the Derby Way then you will be on your way. Wassall needed no training whatsoever on what the Derby Way is. It appears to be working.COYR

58 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

fanciful ref.academy with millions spent on it going downhill.

Bit like the 25 million we've spent on the squad this season..... And Clement getting the sack..... 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If I were you I would take them back now.

He spent £23 million on Academy. Won the U21 League. In the Play Offs. Bought the Club and ground. No debt. 30,000 every week. Best pitch in world being laid for next year. £25 million on players. Not happy with entertainment value of team so sacked the manager (not cheap). The guy is the best thing that has happened to us in donkeys years. We had been paying the stadium off for 20 years!!!

Mel,,.What a guy!.

I don't question his commitment to the club, and anyone who puts his hands in his pocket and wants his club to succeed has my full respect, and he's earned all of our respect for that no doubt. 

some of his decision making is where I do have some concerns, in some ways I'm happy he kept to his word with the Wassall until the end of the season, he didn't press the panic button and it was Wassall who said he wanted help and Mel got him some help which we should be grateful for. 

I hope this season he's learned a little about owning a football club and I'm sure he has, you don't make the money he's made by being stupid and not learning from past mistakes.

Its a learning curve for us all, even us fans need to learn its not a given because we've got money, and supporting the club and getting behind the players and not on top of them as well, myself included :ph34r:

I dont think its a coincidence Mourinho hasn't taken a job yet ;)

Thing is nobody knows who it will be there is an argument for and against all of them. My number one choice is rodgers however he did spend £292 million at Liverpool and discrible joe allen the welsh xavi so probably a good job  not the chairman 

I've changed my mind. 

Didn't Wassall to get the job permanently but can see he has been on a steep learning curve and things are improving.

I also think he deserves a lot of credit for coming through a particularly tough start especially the abuse hurled in his direction post Rotherham and Shackellgate.

Not sure Rodgers is the man- look at how Liverpool are playing since he LEFT under Klopp.

As for Rowett- is he any better that Wassall?

Warburton- good- but surely will want to give Celtic a run for their money- plus he has a 50% chance of winning the league.

Pearson- would have been my choice- definitely not Mel's though as logically he would have appointed him when Clement left wouldn't he?

As long as we attack with verve and flair then at this point in our history I am not sure I am too worried. Just as long as we don't get some dour survival gritty bloke who "digs in for a point" 

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should 

Archived