Johnny Russell

Ramchope

There's always a danger he could be another Maguire but I think he's got a bit about him. He could be a spark of energy we have been looking for and strange though it sounds, he could benefit from Sammon's energy.

I still need to see a recent indication of Derby's interest in him before I get too excited, though.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly rated by who though? All I have seen is a £350k bid from Italy?

Given an hour I could come up with a list of 20 players that score goals and say they are highly rated and worth gambling on!

Highly rated by who though? All I have seen is a £350k bid from Italy?

Given an hour I could come up with a list of 20 players that score goals and say they are highly rated and worth gambling on!

Dominick Kumbela

Daniele Cacia

Jese

Mustafa Yatabare

Michael Higdon

Jack Tuyp

Theres a few... all top goalscorers from their respective divisions, no idea who they are - or how good they are, or even how old they're or how much they're worth! 

but... forget all that, according to some fans it's only the stats that matter!  :lol:

Dominick Kumbela

Daniele Cacia

Jese

Mustafa Yatabare

Michael Higdon

Jack Tuyp

Theres a few... all top goalscorers from their respective divisions, no idea who they are - or how good they are, or even how old they're or how much they're worth! 

but... forget all that, according to some fans it's only the stats that matter!  :lol:

If you're on about Jese from Real Madrid's B team, then he's quality. The several million quid we need to sign him on the other hand may be a stumbling block.

And why don't we have a Yatabare in our team? If you wanna make the playoffs, you Mustafa Yatabare upfront.

If you're on about Jese from Real Madrid's B team, then he's quality. The several million quid we need to sign him on the other hand may be a stumbling block.

And why don't we have a Yatabare in our team? If you wanna make the playoffs, you Mustafa Yatabare upfront.

I was sort of hoping it would be...

"http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/2009/04/large_breakingbad-breakage" alt="large_breakingbad-breakage">

(breaking bad reference) 

Dominick Kumbela

Daniele Cacia

Jese

Mustafa Yatabare

Michael Higdon

Jack Tuyp

Every one of them is worth a gamble...great goal scorers...just what we need!

@bbcjimspence: Three Championship clubs in talks with Dundee Utd for Johnny Russell. All three are in the top half of the Championship. Fee of around 700k

£700,000 is in the same ball park figure as the rumoured figure for Vaughan. I think i'd prefer Vaughan give the choice between the two at the same amount. Would of preferred Russell if it meant us getting him for £400,000 which would of meant the money saved on Vaughan could of allowed us to get Forsyth for 'free'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22656986

Championship clubs chase Dundee United's Johnny Russell "http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57733000/jpg/_57733517_jimspencehead" alt="_57733517_jimspencehead">By Jim SpenceBBC Scotland Sport

Three clubs from the top half of the Championship are believed to be interested in taking Dundee United striker Johnny Russell to England.

United chairman Stephen Thompson met representatives of a leading Championship club last week.

A bid of around £700,000 has been mooted and United expect the club concerned to return with a definite offer in the weeks ahead.

_67798021_russell

Russell could have already said his goodbyes to the United fans

Russell has a year left on his current contract at Tannadice.

The 23-year-old said earlier this month that hewould like to play overseas should United agree to his sale this summer.

Serie A club Catania have had three bids for the former Scotland Under-21 international.

Championship outfit Huddersfield Town had a £1.25m double bid for Russell and winger Gary Mackay-Steven rejected by United in August.

Sheffield United subsequently had an offer for Russell, who is a product of United's youth system, rebuffed in January.

The striker has scored 20 goals in 38 appearances for the Scottish Premier League club this season despite missing two months of the season after suffering a broken fibula in late February.

United have already lost one striker this summer, with long-serving captain Jon Daly agreeing to join Rangers .

However, manager Jackie McNamara immediately announced that he had signed a replacement in the shape of Raith Rovers' Brian Graham .

The last United forward to be sold to an English club by United was Russell's former striker partner, David Goodwillie, who moved to Blackburn Rovers for £2.8m in August 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22656986

Championship clubs chase Dundee United's Johnny Russell "http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57733000/jpg/_57733517_jimspencehead" alt="_57733517_jimspencehead">By Jim SpenceBBC Scotland Sport

Three clubs from the top half of the Championship are believed to be interested in taking Dundee United striker Johnny Russell to England.

United chairman Stephen Thompson met representatives of a leading Championship club last week.

A bid of around £700,000 has been mooted and United expect the club concerned to return with a definite offer in the weeks ahead.

_67798021_russell

Russell could have already said his goodbyes to the United fans

Russell has a year left on his current contract at Tannadice.

The 23-year-old said earlier this month that hewould like to play overseas should United agree to his sale this summer.

Serie A club Catania have had three bids for the former Scotland Under-21 international.

Championship outfit Huddersfield Town had a £1.25m double bid for Russell and winger Gary Mackay-Steven rejected by United in August.

Sheffield United subsequently had an offer for Russell, who is a product of United's youth system, rebuffed in January.

The striker has scored 20 goals in 38 appearances for the Scottish Premier League club this season despite missing two months of the season after suffering a broken fibula in late February.

United have already lost one striker this summer, with long-serving captain Jon Daly agreeing to join Rangers .

However, manager Jackie McNamara immediately announced that he had signed a replacement in the shape of Raith Rovers' Brian Graham .

The last United forward to be sold to an English club by United was Russell's former striker partner, David Goodwillie, who moved to Blackburn Rovers for £2.8m in August 2011.

Seeing as though it says top half I'd be suprised if one of those 3 isnt us.

Think I'd rather have Vaughan as hes pretty much guarenteed to bag a few goals. I've not seen enough of this guy to comment to be honest.

Ahh the joys of trawling the other club forums for snippets of transfer info...

who'd do such a sad thing:)

I think Vaughan would score more but Russell may create more...can't we just be greedy and have both?!

Another vote to just shut down the footballing side of the club and start a striker zoo I see.

Another vote to just shut down the footballing side of the club and start a striker zoo I see.

Haha no, just like the look of both - I wouldn't have bothered with Martin personally.

I'd like another right sided mid option (perhaps that Jennings) and experienced centre back plus Forsyth. If Bryson was leaving, i liked the idea of Perkins but seems like he may be signing a new deal now.

As well as paying them peanuts we can feed them peanuts too

Archived