Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22263443

Dundee United rejected a bid from Italian club Catania of EURO 450K last month (~£380,000) for Johnny Russell. He has 1 year left on his contract. Sounds like he might go for something within our price range - £500K ish?

From the YouTube clips he looks like he knows where the goal is (and his record backs that up) - but as has been mentioned on here a few times, the standard is so low in that league that its hard to tell. Even Stephen Pearson looked half decent in the SPL, and he was way below average in the Championship.

Pearson - I disagree with you on that.

Vaughan for sure, he's got the pedigree in our League so I'd go for him if we could get him (which I doubt, due to his likely wage aspirations).

Fryatt - yes please, but why would Hull sell him? - he's scored loads of goals for them (25 in 72 games) and they're not going to be under any pressure to sell, having just won promotion.

I'd say out of those 3, Russell is far and away the most likely, Vaughan an unlikely but possible and Fryatt a no chance.

I think this is a Le Fondre situation, always highly rated and often talked about taking a chance on them. Reading DID take a chance on him and he hasn't looked that out of place in the PL this year. I think this is the one stand out striker that we should take a risk on.

Archived