Lance Armstrong

Day

Still never been tested positive....

And JT was never heard saying them words, OJ was cleared of murder, all them defences were and are pitiful.

Armstrong was a cheat and a disgrace to his sport.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still never been tested positive....

Well even that has been questioned now.

Have you read anything about it? It was possible to take performance-enhancing drugs and avoid the tests and predict when they would come. It was sophisticated.

He never tested positive...well, yeah, that's the point isn't it. He didn't get caught. That's all it says.

Well even that has been questioned now.

Have you read anything about it? It was possible to take performance-enhancing drugs and avoid the tests and predict when they would come. It was sophisticated.

He never tested positive...well, yeah, that's the point isn't it. He didn't get caught. That's all it says.

Reallym I am NOT defending him, I am REALLY REALLY dissapointed by it all, he was one of my sporting heroes....but now...well, it's just dirty.

Obviously he HAS taken the perfromance enhancing drugs, but the point is, he was never "caught" the drugs he is alleged to have taken, weren't illegal back in the day too.....and what REALLY stinnks for me is all his team mates snitching on him to get their own bans removed....

it sounds amazing when you read it all, that they would hear the guy was coming to test them, and just hang around to keep him waiting until it was all out of their system...! wow..

Reallym I am NOT defending him, I am REALLY REALLY dissapointed by it all, he was one of my sporting heroes....but now...well, it's just dirty.

Obviously he HAS taken the perfromance enhancing drugs, but the point is, he was never "caught" the drugs he is alleged to have taken, weren't illegal back in the day too.....and what REALLY stinnks for me is all his team mates snitching on him to get their own bans removed....

it sounds amazing when you read it all, that they would hear the guy was coming to test them, and just hang around to keep him waiting until it was all out of their system...! wow..

It was always going to snowball though, like the Jimmy Saville controversy. One person on their own was never going to prove anything.

But I'd say good luck to anyone who would call his team-mates brave or heroic, because it does feel more like snitching than whistleblowing. None of them spoke out at the time.

Unbelievable how one sport can have such a large ugly side with so few decent personalities.

It was always going to snowball though, like the Jimmy Saville controversy. One person on their own was never going to prove anything.

But I'd say good luck to anyone who would call his team-mates brave or heroic, because it does feel more like snitching than whistleblowing. None of them spoke out at the time.

Unbelievable how one sport can have such a large ugly side with so few decent personalities.

One guy has had his "lifetime" ban reduced to 3 months for "telling his story"....incredible..

It's changed now though, now we have some REAL heroes....... wiiiiiiiiiiigo..!!!

Honestly when it comes to cycling, this was the least shocking news ever. Lance Armstrong still is/was sorta pimp in a lot of ways despite what's come out recently. Livestrong has raised who knows how many millions for cancer awareness, research, and treatment. I try to think of that when I think about Armstrong now.

Pump me with all the drugs you want - I wouldn't win the Tour de France! And since everyone else was on drugs admittedly then why is this an issue, if drugs are a constant why can't they just cancel it out? It's all relative!

Simple maths really.

Maths is simple, human physiology is not. Saying they're all on EPO doesnt mean they're all on an equal elevated footing. And as for "Why is it an issue?". Allowing the most famous representitive of your sport to get away with breaking the rules is possibly the most sour endorsement possible. How can anybody possibly say to children, "You can win the TDF some day" and allow them to dream and train and attempt to be the best they can be when you endorse the concept of "be the best you can be and when you fail well we'll just pump you and send you off again son".

Pump me with all the drugs you want - I wouldn't win the Tour de France! And since everyone else was on drugs admittedly then why is this an issue, if drugs are a constant why can't they just cancel it out? It's all relative!

Simple maths really.

So, he's a hero again now then? I can't keep up?

• 2 months later...

Archived