Lance Armstrong

Day

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a complete and utter tosser.....a hell of a lot of lawyers are going to be chasing his ass any time soon 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Including the journalists who were blowing the whistle on him a decade ago, and who were sued by Armstrong. I sense jail time - don't drop the soap, Lance.

On second thoughts....

All these lies. The only good thing he's done is raise all that money for his cancer charity, at least that has gone to help others. I feel sorry for the millions who held him in such high esteem, what a let down.

Was listening to TalkSport on way to work this morning and even the motives behind this were quiestioned apparently none of the money went to "research" it was all being made available to inform people about cancer and what a horrible thing it was, he was getting paid 6 figure packages to go around the world in a private jet to tell people about cancer, surely people are aware of cancer???

Also went on about all the people who have questioned him in the past and have had there carers destroyed, hope karma catches up with him!!!!

In cycling you can't get to the top with oatmeal nowadays and haven't been in ages. Armstrong did what everyone did and does, only with better resources.

my only argument against that is doesnt epo effect individuals differently, I thought the comment of 'well it wasnt cheating as everyone was doing it'

I think in the next weeks it will come out all the officials knew about it, the only people he will say didnt know are the sponsors (but lets face it they did too, the fact the both nike and oakley had a permanent member of staff with the team surely they had a clue

• 2 weeks later...

There is a general consensus that, even in the Armstrong days and just before when doping was at its most rife, some riders were clean albeit finishing well down the pack. I know a few people have said why pick on Armstrong, he was on drugs but so were his closest competitors and there is a valid point in there but its the guys who were riding clean, knowing they had no chance of winning unless they cheated but still resisting it that I feel sorry for, they will never know how good they could have been on a level playing field.

They were cheated out of their careers and they deserve the focus, not a serial liar and cheat sat on a talkshow chair with an interviewer who has likely never ridden a bike.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lance Armstrong has withdrawn from the Masters South Central Zone Swimming Championships in Texas this weekend after an objection from swimming's international governing body.

The International Swimming Federation (Fina) asked US Masters Swimming not to accept the disgraced cyclist's entry.

Fina state that the event is subject to the lifetime ban given to Armstrong, 41, by the US Anti-Doping Agency.

Armstrong was set to compete in three freestyle races at the Austin event.

He had been scheduled to compete in freestyle races over 500 yards, 1,000 yards and 1,650 yards against swimmers his own age or older.

However, meeting organiser Rob Butcher said: "He doesn't want to cause any more harm to any more organisations,.

"His interest was around fitness and training. In light of Fina he will not be swimming."

Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles after deciding not to defend doping charges filed against him last August.

Armstrong was charged by the US Anti-Doping Agency (Usada) in June 2012 with using performance-enhancing drugs.

He filed a lawsuit against the organisation the following month, accusing it of "corrupt inducements" to other cyclists to testify against him.

However, Armstrong then announced he would not fight the charges and was given a life ban by Usada.

In January, he confessed to taking performance-enhancing drugs during all seven of his Tour de France wins between 1999 and 2005 in a television interview with Oprah Winfrey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22023732

Archived