Lance Armstrong

Day

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, 'Enough is enough.' For me, that time is now," Armstrong said Thursday night, hours before the deadline to enter arbitration. He called the USADA investigation an "unconstitutional witch hunt."

And so it was. Do any of you honestly know what you're talking about, or so you just not like 'the yanks'?

"There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, 'Enough is enough.' For me, that time is now," Armstrong said Thursday night, hours before the deadline to enter arbitration. He called the USADA investigation an "unconstitutional witch hunt."

And so it was. Do any of you honestly know what you're talking about, or so you just not like 'the yanks'?

He`s admitted taking drugs, all of the top riders were and that was his main defence 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

.... and yes, nobody likes Yanks.

He`s admitted taking drugs, all of the top riders were and that was his main defence 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

.... and yes, nobody likes Yanks.

Oh yeah course he did…I remember now. It was a few years back when he also admitted to being Santa Clause and the pink pantha. Silly me.

he's not admitted taking drugs - he's stated that after 15-odd years of being hounded by various bodies he can't be bothered to keep fighting to clear his name against the allegations and would rather work for his anti-cancer charity and spend more time with his kids.

The USADA apparently have some witnesses (that they won't name) that claim to have seen Armstrong take drugs - the fact that in his whole career, he never failed a drugs test (despite being the most tested athlete on the planet) does bring the USADA allegations into question (and it is also believed that some of the 'witnesses' have 'suspect' pasts and have been offered an amnesty from prosecution if they testify against Armstrong (a practice known as bribery in other parts of the world)).

The USADA have also announced that he has been stripped of his titles - this is not their decision (that is up to cycling's governing body, the UCI who aren't over-impressed with the USADA approach). This whole episode is far from clear-cut and I suspect it will take a few further turns before it comes to any sort of conclusion.

If he is guilty, then Armstrong will go down in history as one of the cleverest drugs cheats of all time - but until the USADA can produce some real evidence (rather than the word of people who have something to gain from saying what they are told) then it's harsh to claim he's guilty....

Marian Jones didn't fail a drugs test until someone told the authorities what to test for.

You see drugs tests can only test for drugs that are known about and not new compounds and stuff.

And Armstrong did fail a drug test in 1999 for a banned substance which he produced a backdated doctors prescription.

Maybe they ought to reinstate his 7 TDF titles then?

What are you talking about? He hasn't been stripped of his Tour De France titles. It's not up to the United States Anti-Doping Agency, it's up to the the International Cycling Union.

Who, may I add, have recently backed Lance Armstrong against the United States Anti-Doping Agency's claims.

Archived