Mason Bennett

perzy7

Anyone see his tweet the other day which went along the lines of....nobody plays football for the love of it anymore, it's all for the money. I'm thinking about drawing up a short list of who he was talking about.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see his tweet the other day which went along the lines of....nobody plays football for the love of it anymore, it's all for the money. I'm thinking about drawing up a short list of who he was talking about.

I doubt it would be short more like a long list. Mind you I don't go to work for the love of it.

Assou-Ekoto

Imagine if Bennett got the abuse Sammon has? Sammon is the better player, by a long way at the minute - yet look what he has had to put up with.

I worry for Bennett, I really do.. Hughes could hide in midfield and he did, getting away with a about a month or two looking out of his depth, and no-one mentioned it but as a striker you're judged by your numbers and your numbers alone.

Our self proclaimed best fans in the world would take good swing at ruining his enjoyment for the sport, and knock his confidence! I wouldn't play him until I knew for absolute sure he could perform at this level, and hope the fans go easy on him..

Sammon is the better player, by a long way at the minute - yet look what he has had to put up with.

What a bullshit really. How can Sammon be better "football" player if he has much worse first touch, ball control, shooting than that 16 years old kid? I wonder how this piss poor "player" deserved all these miserable threads about him.   

What a bullshit really. How can Sammon be better "football" player if he has much worse first touch, ball control, shooting than that 16 years old kid? I wonder how this piss poor "player" deserved all these miserable threads about him.

But your wrong on all counts

I've seen bennet give the ball away, make **** tackles and misckntrol passes

He has also missed sitters.

They are both crap at times - but wait Bennet didn't cost £1m

I'd give out fans a bit more credit than to get on the back of a 16 year old lad. The difference is Bennett is a young lad learning the trade still and will have nerves etc. Sammon is an international footballer who we signed for £1m+ from a Prem team. you'd just expect more. That said its not Sammon's fault what we paid for him and where he came from. I don't agree with the booing of any individual player.

It's like to see more of Bennett now but think there will be a few games yet before that happens.

I'd give out fans a bit more credit than to get on the back of a 16 year old lad. The difference is Bennett is a young lad learning the trade still and will have nerves etc. Sammon is an international footballer who we signed for £1m+ from a Prem team. you'd just expect more. That said its not Sammon's fault what we paid for him and where he came from. I don't agree with the booing of any individual player.

It's like to see more of Bennett now but think there will be a few games yet before that happens.

Also Sammon was not signed as an.international footballer. He has become an international whilst playing for us.

Imagine if Bennett got the abuse Sammon has? Sammon is the better player, by a long way at the minute - yet look what he has had to put up with.

I worry for Bennett, I really do.. Hughes could hide in midfield and he did, getting away with a about a month or two looking out of his depth, and no-one mentioned it but as a striker you're judged by your numbers and your numbers alone.

Our self proclaimed best fans in the world would take good swing at ruining his enjoyment for the sport, and knock his confidence! I wouldn't play him until I knew for absolute sure he could perform at this level, and hope the fans go easy on him..

The fans would moan at any player, lets say Bennett missed an open goal they wouldn't abuse Bennett like they did Sammon but fans would groan out of disappointment at a missed opportunity.

But Bennett has the Tekkers to surpass Sammon. I have seen him in the under 18s and England games at the Pirelli close up a lot. He has the quality. If he started against Leeds! I think he would cope, any balls played in he would trap and look to lay off but also he has the physical stature of a 24 year old.

I can sit here and say how good Bennett is but as you say confidence is key. Like how they bedded Hughes in, mason needs the same.

And no matter what the clough haters say everyone has to admit clough has great knowledge and practice in integrating the youth at the right time. The only time I can think of where nigel perhaps should not have thrown a young in the deep end is playing Doyle away at Peterborough with a huge derby following right up close and personal to the players and the stand being terraced creates a more Barmy atmosphere.

Also Surely the fans wouldn't give Bennett a hard time. There are 7 games to go. The majority would love to see him play.

If anyone went to those youth cup games at PP you could see why Bennett is thought of so highly. Easily our best player at that age level (alongside Hanson/Lelan), and on a par with the multi-million pound City and Chelsea teams.

Also Surely the fans wouldn't give Bennett a hard time. There are 7 games to go. The majority would love to see him play.

I wish you were right about that but I suspect the vocal minority would be happy to chip in with abuse if he didn't do well enough, soon enough. It's not that long ago that we were all discussing whether it was OK to boo Hughes as I recall. 17/18 years old but they have to be ready to take it apparently.

Booing Hughes would have been ridiculous. Even during his dip in form he could control a ball.

Booing any of our own players during the game is ridiculous. Booing the overall team performance after the game - well, that's another matter.

Archived