Mason Bennett

perzy7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bennet is a very good player for his age considering when we played Northampton he completely dominated the right side. even though they are a league 2 club for a 16 year old to surpass that level is incredibly good.

and i find it confounding when people compare bennet and hughes as bennet is a very fast, direct and winger type, where hughes is more cultured on the ball and will spread the play.

Bennett is a player who has talent which is in no question and I think the real question is how long we shall hold on to him. Just because he hasn't scored in 3 games doesn't mean he isn't brilliant.

When is mason bennet going to produce? he's shown flashes of brilliance and pace but he still hasnt scored and i'm worrying that he isnt as good as everyone says he is

Good enough to play Championship football at the age of 15 and you think he has not delivered!!!!!!!!!! Bleedin heck...

what i'm saying is, this season he needs to make a breakthrough. scoring maybe 5-10 goals and then everyone will be very excited

He doesn't need to make a breakthrough. He needs nurturing, he needs to be used sparingly, he needs to still play games in his own age group and continue to learn and grow.

it will be a bit late then. i think he needs to start every 5-10 matches or if our forwards are doing brilliantly then come on as a sub. we should at least have him and hughes on the bench every game. he's training with the first team properly now so he will get used to it and if he keeps playing for the youth team what is he getting out of it? he just dominates all the time, thats why callum ball got callled up from the reserves and now he's given himself a chance to play for us in the future

it will be a bit late then. i think he needs to start every 5-10 matches or if our forwards are doing brilliantly then come on as a sub. we should at least have him and hughes on the bench every game. he's training with the first team properly now so he will get used to it and if he keeps playing for the youth team what is he getting out of it? he just dominates all the time, thats why callum ball got callled up from the reserves and now he's given himself a chance to play for us in the future

Let me get this right, if I've read correctly you're 12 years old and you're questioning a player 4 years older than you for not scoring in the Championship yet. You are also asking for him to start every 5 or 10 games and score 5-10 goals?

Can you name me any other 16 year old Championship strikers that have met your high standards?

fair enough the amount of goals is unrealistic but if he scores a few then everyone will be excited. he has real potential and he could be the one to make us a big club again so we need to play a bit more than last season and score at least one

Archived