Mr Tibbs

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet that Hoganson won't be coming then?

Shame, thought he looked a good player.

He's young.

We haven't got a young left back to follow Roberts when he retires

Think he may get a contract and replace Oconnor if he develops.(hence Oconnor getting a 2 year deal with a years option if he is still needed)

I would not be surprised to see Naylor go out on loan, now we have back-up in both centre-back and right-back positions

Hope not, completely different boat to Ball - Naylor is already a championship standard right back/centre back, would be surprised if O'Connor is as good as him to be honest, but that remains to be seen!

Remember that Hoganson can play left wing as well, and impressed there while on trial with Northampton. I'm not sure if we'll sign him, but I think he'll play for us against Colchester, as I doubt Nigel would say we still want another look at him a day or so ago if he knew that we had someone in the works that would do the role he'd be here for.

I don't think he'll play a single game there.

Hope not! Buxton is a bit injury prone, Roberts gets a few niggles. I think Brayford is a better CB than OB. Naylor looks very comfortable at RB....

If we avoid our usual CB death rate then hopefully he can play RB like he did in his first amazing season.

O'Connor can play 'anywhere across the back four' and by the sounds of it, he's better than Naylor.

I don't know I thought Naylor was pretty faultless last season - would of been at least 9 pts better off if he had played instead of Green IMO! Shame we didn't gamble him earlier...

I don't know I thought Naylor was pretty faultless last season - would of been at least 9 pts better off if he had played instead of Green IMO! Shame we didn't gamble him earlier...

Are you on medication? How did Green cost us at least 9 points?

O'Connor can play 'anywhere across the back four' and by the sounds of it, he's better than Naylor.

But Naylor and Oconnor on the bench gives us cover for all the defense and leaves four spots (now we are back to 7 subs) for midfield and Strikers. More options available to change a game with subs with players like them on the bench.

Are you on medication? How did Green cost us at least 9 points?

No, Naylor was just head and shoulders above Green at right back - as soon as he was placed in the team the defence was a lot more balanced, a lot more organised and just a lot stronger.

Green was often caught out position, easily beaten and often had to be covered leaving gaps elsewhere. Just my thought but the difference in quality when Naylor replaced Green at the back was so evident to see, especially from an organisational point of view!

The only time Green made vital errors was when he got skinned by pacy wingers, and from what I've seen Naylor is slower than him! And IMO Naylor hasnt really been tested in the games he's played.

You don't beat pacy wingers with a pacy full back, it's not top trumps! Naylor is a lot more positionally astute, he didn't allow wingers to get the best of him, he kept them out the game, he played a lot of games towards the end and looked faultless, not an attacking defender but defensively was rarely beat and made us a lot better - green was a midfielder, anyone could of spotted that and was out his depth playing right back.

Archived