James O'Connor

Mr Tibbs

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I have not been on here for a while but whas changed with Buxton. I have always liked him and got slated in the past.

I will full into the Buxton loving and say then play Keogh and Buxton at cb and move O'Connor to left back and have Roberts on the bench as O'Connor is the replacement in this case to Roberts

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I would say that Roberts has done little to suggest that he needs replacing, or needs to be concerned for his starting place unless injured. IMO we have O'Connor for right back cover primarily to enable us to move Brayford into CB as I don't think O'Brien and Buxton will be ever presents. As O'Conner a self confessed last resort LB I don't see why Roberts won't be first choice all season at LB with Brayford/O'Connor right back, Keogh/Bucko/O'Brien/Brayford CB's, O'Connor LB should Roberts be injured or suspended

Why do so many people want to shove Brayford into the centreback positions all of a sudden?!

Some people called it a disaster the last time Clough shuffled it up without being forced to, suddenly now its being suggested by us?

Why do so many people want to shove Brayford into the centreback positions all of a sudden?!

Some people called it a disaster the last time Clough shuffled it up without being forced to, suddenly now its being suggested by us?

I was merely suggesting that Brayford would be more likely to fill in at CB if needed and O'Conner RB or emergency LB. I forgot to add Tom Naylor into the equation aswell, would imagine he is I'm the CB list primarily, Only my thoughts...but actually looking at it it shows we have a fair bit of cover

I was merely suggesting that Brayford would be more likely to fill in at CB if needed and O'Conner RB or emergency LB. I forgot to add Tom Naylor into the equation aswell, would imagine he is I'm the CB list primarily, Only my thoughts...but actually looking at it it shows we have a fair bit of cover

...and not soon enough!

A lot of fantastic comments from Doncaster fans towards O'Connor - this season, especially not ONE person has slated our signings and they rate him highly by the sounds of it, by all accounts hit a blip (which as been accouted for by him playing centre back, as opposed to full back).

Bit more confident about this one, fee believed to be 150k.

I would say that Roberts has done little to suggest that he needs replacing, or needs to be concerned for his starting place unless injured. IMO we have O'Connor for right back cover primarily to enable us to move Brayford into CB as I don't think O'Brien and Buxton will be ever presents. As O'Conner a self confessed last resort LB I don't see why Roberts won't be first choice all season at LB with Brayford/O'Connor right back, Keogh/Bucko/O'Brien/Brayford CB's, O'Connor LB should Roberts be injured or suspended

O Connor has been brought to play. He wont be on the bench much.

So assuming Roberts, Buxton, Keogh, Brayford was the most likely back 4 before O'Connor arrived...who's the fall guy?

I'd say Roberts with his tight ageing hamstrings? Will he be fit for the start if the season?

This time we have a youngish replacement that is ours rather than an aging loan.

Brayford is a very good right back, Roberts a steady LB, Buxton and Keogh clearly front runners for CB with O'Brien and Naylor to stand in...O'Connor is best at RB, ok CB, Self confessed weakest at LB..so for me if everyone's fit, he is on the bench.

So assuming Roberts, Buxton, Keogh, Brayford was the most likely back 4 before O'Connor arrived...who's the fall guy?

Assumption... the mother of all feck ups. Its like believing sentences beginning with " apparently".

To answer your question I have no idea who, where but I know why. Why is because Nigel Clough says so. Its happened before.

Wonder if Clough has gone for 2 players in every position to get his 22 players, and O'Connor is seen at right back cover

Fielding/ Legzdins

Brayford/ O'Connor

Keogh/Naylor

Buxton/O'Brien

Roberts/ Hoganson? Ferguson?

Coutts/Ben Davies

Bryson/ Hughes

Hendrick/ Bailey?

Jacobs/ Tyson/ Ward

Ward/ Tyson

Robinson/ Bennett

Wonder if Clough has gone for 2 players in every position to get his 22 players, and O'Connor is seen at right back cover

Fielding/ Legzdins

Brayford/ O'Connor

Keogh/Naylor

Buxton/O'Brien

Roberts/ Hoganson? Ferguson?

Coutts/Ben Davies

Bryson/ Hughes

Hendrick/ Bailey?

Jacobs/ Tyson/ Ward

Ward/ Tyson

Robinson/ Bennett

Who's Ferguson?