Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

Quoted at being around £500,000.

Probably use the Varney money (£300,000) and a bit from somewhere else to put a package together.

That isnt a bad price for a proven but young Championship LB, would be very happy but i've rated Roberto this season and i cant see White being cover to be honest.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Radio Derby is too be believed in the case of we've spent more on Keogh than Shackell, then instead of being Shacks replacement isn't it plausible that we saw an opportunity to sign a player Clough deemed better for similar money, and has made that possible?

Perhaps not, but I don't know how anyone can say who is the better player we all know Shackell was a very good player in this division, but whats to say that Keogh isn't that bit better and one of the best centre backs in the division, he certainly had more interest in him than Shackell, but obviously the proof will be in the pudding (as it were)

Clough just said that Keogh was his number one replacement and gave direct thanks to the owners for providing the finances. Mentioned tha hard work of everyone to make it happen from the owners down.

The owners are in town and met Keogh - so they could see his character.

He's trending on twitter, but more importantly where is his youtube best bits package??

Twitter:

Trends tailored just for you.

Trends offer a unique way to get closer to what you care about. Trends are tailored for you based on your location and who you follow.

I don't think he is trending, its just your settings. Twitter automatically turn on tailored trending for you.

I'm pretty sure Radio Derby are getting it wrong. If it was more than we got for Shackell, it would be the biggest fee since Hulse (4 years ago). 3 years ago makes it the biggest since Barker, which fits exactly with the prices reported in the media (£850k).

i think they mean he cost us more than shackell us

Nigel 'hoping' to bring in one more player.

Guess there's nothing to the White rumours then, if its only one more then surely we're after a striker. Either that or he means one more before we sell Steve Davies and replace him.

Enjoy him for this season folks.. As we'll sell him for around $1.3mill next summer

All about the profits though

Do you ever have anything positive or constructive to say?

I can guarantee that whatever we had paid for this guy you would have a negative opinion

Really pleased with our trasfer dealings in this window (Planning on quitting my job as a steward and just purchased a 6 game plan on the back of it). Not sure who is better out of Shackell and Keogh but I certainly think there close in terms of ability and Keogh has the bonus of being younger.

Regarding the fee I think a real value of about 850k is about right. 'Slick Glick' (who I think has done a good job overall by the way) could have pulled a fast one in terms of marketing this transfer.... not saying this is right but just putting it out there: £1.2M for Keogh with Derby receiving £350k on the season long loan for Callum Ball makes the real fee about £850k.

Thoughts?

Do you ever have anything positive or constructive to say?

I can guarantee that whatever we had paid for this guy you would have a negative opinion

Even if we signed Messi he'd probably come out with: "What a waste of money, have you seen his injury record early in his career!"

Clough just said that Keogh was his number one replacement and gave direct thanks to the owners for providing the finances. Mentioned tha hard work of everyone to make it happen from the owners down.

The owners are in town and met Keogh - so they could see his character.

Cue 'they are here to sell the ground' and 'here picking up the money from the Shackell sale' rumours

At last! A proper bloody signing! I'm betting Clough & Glick pulled out all the stops on this one after the debacle with Shackell. Very pleased with this - a much needed fillip for our long suffering fans! Let's hope we show similar ambition in getting a decent striker now. Well done DCFC.

Archived