Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18784430

Wigan's Conor Sammon chased by Derby County

Derby County manager Nigel Clough is making a fresh attempt to bring Wigan Athletic striker Conor Sammon to Pride Park, reports BBC Radio Derby.

The Rams were chasing Sammon before he joined the Latics from Kilmarnock in February 2011 and hope to sign the 25-year-old on a season-long loan deal.

Republic of Ireland U21 international Sammon only started 10 games for Wigan in the Premier League last season.

But he made a further 24 appearances as a substitute.

Just about the same as the DET.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we get sammon then were does that leave Tyson ? Does it mean he's on his way out cause the order of strikers to me would be

Sammon?

Theo

Ward

Ball

S.davies if still here

Tyson

Bennett?

Not that I think tysons any good like just wondered were it would leave him.

So if we get sammon then were does that leave Tyson ? Does it mean he's on his way out cause the order of strikers to me would be

Sammon?

Theo

Ward

Ball

S.davies if still here

Tyson

Bennett?

Not that I think tysons any good like just wondered were it would leave him.

Think Ball will go out on loan and 1 of ward and Tyson will go on the wing. S Davies will either be first choice or leave so probably 3rd choice after the 2 who start?

Think Ball will go out on loan and 1 of ward and Tyson will go on the wing. S Davies will either be first choice or leave so probably 3rd choice after the 2 who start?

So

Sammon and Theo up top?

Ward jacobs on the wings Tyson on the bench?

Sammon won't come to be a benchwarmer and if it is a season long loan I reckon clough will start him 90% of the games if he stays fit and look to buy come next summer.

Fielding

Brayford O.B (new signing) Bucko (New signing) Roberts

Addison

Bryson Hendrick

Ward

Theo Sammon

I would have liked to have seen this, Narrow I know but very attacking. Still wish we weren't shipping Miles out but there you go

We obviously like this bloke so why will it be a season long loan? By the time he's done here he'll only have 6 months left on his Wigan contract.

Just in time for someone else to nick him away (if he turns out any good that is).

Or for him to realise he should have been here all along? We are a far better club than Wigan

Fielding

Addison

Bryson Hendrick

Ward

Theo Sammon

I would have liked to have seen this, Narrow I know but very attacking. Still wish we weren't shipping Miles out but there you go

That's a poor, poor football team.

We obviously like this bloke so why will it be a season long loan? By the time he's done here he'll only have 6 months left on his Wigan contract.

Just in time for someone else to nick him away (if he turns out any good that is).

Well if your saying that we'll probably leave him till Christmas if he does well then make a contract up in January see if Wigan agree then either sign him in January or leave it till August .

Simples.

Just need a cb know 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

How's daniel Ayala going on?

Hope we get this guy. Given the opportunity, I think he could really impress in the Championship and get a good amount of goals alongside Theo. He's also got a great work ethic which is crucial in my opinion. Not too keen on the loan idea though, I would want it to at least be with a view to a permanent move.

Fielding

Addison

Bryson Hendrick

Ward

Theo Sammon

Personally, I think it will be more along the lines of (hoping we go 4 2 3 1):

FIelding

Brayford Okuonghae/Pearce OB/Bucko Roberts

Bryson Hendrick

Theo Ward Jacobs

Sammon

Perhaps a bit shaky in defence but could well have plenty of goals in it.

Archived