Who to replace Tom Glick?

rsmini

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Allan Duckworth who has been CEO at Bolton has resigned after 14 years saying the time is right for a change. Putting 2 + 2 together but could this be our man?

Would Derby pay him the 300k he was on at Bolton? Admittedly that figure is from 6 years ago. He does have a lot of sport business knowledge.

Would Derby pay him the 300k he was on at Bolton? Admittedly that figure is from 6 years ago. He does have a lot of sport business knowledge.

Tom Glick was on in excess of that at Derby so salary would not be an issue. My biggest issue is that I don't see any evidence of olton being promoted commercially, their gates are poor - very poor. I would rather us bring another American with some commercial nous.

from what i can tell glick is staying over the summer to hand over the reigns to next in command and tie up any remaining deals. if our commercial activity is stable do we need any new blood? can't we just keep going with what we've got and spend the wages on a football man? glick is leaving us in a great commercial position with enviable off field revenues. is there really much more revenue to make from the club?

from what i can tell glick is staying over the summer to hand over the reigns to next in command and tie up any remaining deals. if our commercial activity is stable do we need any new blood? can't we just keep going with what we've got and spend the wages on a football man? glick is leaving us in a great commercial position with enviable off field revenues. is there really much more revenue to make from the club?

If we stand still, we will stagnate. We need a driving force. Keep with what works and bring in fresh ideas.

Think you wanted to link to this http://www.odgersberndtson.co.uk/gb/executive-opportunities/opportunity-details/?tx_llproxy_pi1%5Brequest%5D=nNmroWpjaJajop6xj6aWoMulqWDG059npqqrz8zTfZukxZ_QX8fWod2jzaaZmZ9nmm1mllqUpqhyy5-Y

Chief Executive Officer

Derby County Football Club, Derby

Derby County Football Club is one of the oldest established professional clubs in the world. Formed in 1884, the Rams were one of the 12 founding members of the English Football League and won the (Premier) League Championship twice in the 70’s. The Club also won the FA Cup in 1946. The current owners understand the need to maintain and further this rich history and heritage.

The Role

 Working with the Board, the Chief Executive will hold primary responsibility and accountability for driving the agreed strategic direction of the Club and to lead, manage and grow the revenues and profit aligned to the strategic and operational priorities in order to reinvest in the squads through the academy to the 1st team.

 Acting as an ambassador of the Club, promoting its agenda and ensuring that all key relationships are developed and progressed.

 Delivering the commercial and sporting objectives of the Club in a complementary and harmonious way, whist maintaining a united interface between the wider Community, Fans and the Professional team.

The Candidate

 Must have a track-record, knowledge and experience that will be instantly credible and sustainable within a football environment.

 Substantial and proven success as a Chief Executive, Managing Director or General Manager in a significant organisation; operating in a consumer facing business with significant P&L and balance sheet accountability.

 Proven ability to establish a strategic vision for a business and to lead the organisational, management and cultural changes to realise that vision. A strong track record of delivering against demanding commercial targets with evidence of success in generating organic growth.

Archived