Who to replace Tom Glick?

rsmini

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a bad shout if they want to gain some exposure of the franchise in america, cant think of any other AMERICAN's in the prem at ceo level other than the bloke at arsenal

Errr.. Americans at Aston Villa, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool and I think Chelsea do too (Bruce Buck)....

So, Villa aside, none other than 4 of the most successful teams in the Prem...

Errr.. Americans at Aston Villa, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool and I think Chelsea do too (Bruce Buck)....

So, Villa aside, none other than 4 of the most successful teams in the Prem...

haha my bad,

is niall quinn still out of work?

Go young, go for someone from the lower leagues. It's worked on the pitch (by and large), don't see the problem with trying it in the boardroom. Man City got someone from the division below.

Why not try someone from a club that are doing what we're trying to do. Perhaps someone like Crewe? I don't know how easy it is to approach people in these kinds of roles but I imagine Derby would interest someone in the divisions below us. Also, the players we're likely to buy over the next few years are probably going to be from League 1, 2 and the Conference. Might as well get someone who knows those leagues and knows what it takes to get the talented players in those leagues.

I'd rather have someone with limited experience who's dedicated to the development of our young players (and sourcing them externally) than someone who can negotiate affordable contracts for experienced players. We've had that already.

I can see this role perhaps being split in two, half commercial and half football & development.

Archived