Who to replace Tom Glick?

rsmini

Understand Andy Appleby has started looking for a similar person to replace Ton Glick.

Anyone remember Tom Hinchey? I'm sure he was Glicks understudy before he decided to go back home to the USA. Could he be inline for the job?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news for our club without question. He was the Hands on the job man for them and was the only link any of us had with our clubs investors. Seemed happy enough to talk with the fans. He seemed like a genuine guy. Obviously been appointed so that CITE' can deal with the UEFA fair play rules and still get away with buying the league title. It leaves us vulnerable as we have lost the key negotiator between Clough and his team and the stingy tight board.

Don't think Appleby has a clue about football compared to Glick and think he is still mainly based in the US. The chances of finding another mouthpiece for the board who is as genuine as Glick and Clough can still get along with will be difficult to start with.

He was doing t least two peoples jobs ever since they got rid of Pearson. His key weakness was dealing with transfers it seems, but he seemed to have been learning on the job on that one. He admitted to his faults and failings in this area when the club talked up the DOF idea last year. Guess it was through discussions between Clough and Glick, that the DOF idea was scrapped. That must have been a bit prickly to deal with behind the scenes.

Think this will knock the club back this summer. Shame.

Hopefully he could be dealing with the interviews for the new job, and looking for the new man. Don't think it will be a the guy from watford as he's director of football and we're looks of a chief exec. Appleby has stated that ideally it will be a man from football, so this could mean headhunting at other teams that have a similar model in place, maybe someone at Crewe?

Anyone, I'm sure Glick is replaceable, for all of what a 'nice guy' he was, he made some mistakes in the championship, and cost us some transfers, which hopefully the new person won't make if he's been in the role long enough and got some experience.

Onward and upwards

Adam Pearson?????

Just been sacked by Hull, knows the club so doesnt need to be brought up to speed. Seems ideal.

Might seem a bit spiteful but I'm of the mind that if we weren't good enough for him when he left for Hull (Hull ???) we ain't good enough for him now, you don't get two bites at this cherry Adam, do one.

The problem with trying to guess who will get the job is that, although it could be a footaball man, it is more likely to be a corporate American type. If it's the former we might have a chance of guessing, if it's the latter none of us will even have heard of him.

The one name that I can think of that combines football with corporate and has worked for American investors before is Christian Purslow, ex of Liverpool, so he would be my barely educated guess.

No way do we want Adam Pearson, he is the one who along with Jewell who got us into this mess.

As soon as the board suggested going down the cost cutting route and gettng Clough in, mr pearson walked out, and into another job where he can help the manager spend out of its means.

Archived