Tom Glick to Manchester City

CumbrianRam

He has been talking of nothing for the last 2 years of not paying silly money and the need for a sensible wage structure. He has now joined Man City... Thanks for your loyalty Tom.

And you wouldn't join Man City?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has been talking of nothing for the last 2 years of not paying silly money and the need for a sensible wage structure. He has now joined Man City... Thanks for your loyalty Tom.

Please tell me that is a joke. Why would he stay at a club where alot of the clueless fans slate him? I think this appointment shows that he is very good at his job. Shame that it will take him resigning for some of our fans to realise that.

Despite my differences of opinion on where he was taking the club he was clearly very driven and dedicated in what he wanted to do here. I am surprised he has gone in honesty, and who will replace him if anyone? Glick certainly bought time for the new regime when problems arose and with rumours of a mini exodus with the players then choppy waters could be approaching.

Harsh.

I think he's been quite good, always intended the best for us, whether he delievered is another matter.

I don't think you can have a pop at the bloke for moving up to City though, massive increase in job/responsibility and even reputation. Championship minnows > Champions of England ? Not in anyones eyes but us, the fans.

SillyBilly

And you wouldn't join Man City?

No, why would I? It'd be a dream to work for Derby on a handsome wage. Don't really see the point in you asking that though, I'm a fan and Tom isn't. I just expected him to finish the job he started, not leave at the first sniff of a better job. I expected him to take us back to the Prem, we're miles off it as it stands.

Adam Pearson ain't doing owt at the moment 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Serious note, how many Championship clubs haven't got a CEO? Glick will be replaced, I'd bet me left testicle on that.

probably but Glick was a master of spin and with Davies leaving, bailey going and shackell being sought after, if on the pitch we aren't looking great the board will miss him. If the baord replace him they need someone who is an excellent communicator. In honesty I am a little annoyed he has gone, he didn't need the money and he kept on stating how committed him and the team were to succeed, yet he has left before he has succeeded.

No, why would I? It'd be a dream to work for Derby on a handsome wage. Don't really see the point in you asking that though, I'm a fan and Tom isn't. I just expected him to finish the job he started, not leave at the first sniff of a better job. I expected him to take us back to the Prem, we're miles off it as it stands.

I am a fan, but I'd still go to Man City, it's not like playing for the club. He'll be on 5 times the salary he was on at Derby, be working with building the best team in the world, not trying to make the best team in the championship. Be working with the likes of Roberto Mancini, compared to Gary Crosby.

No brainer.

Wonder what his view on FPP will be at Man City?

Think it will stay the same with UEFA on their case

The role has been created because they need to maximise their commercial activities to increase revenues and meet UEFA FFP. Not rocket science to see that is why they have gone for Slick - reckon it will be a case of headhunting.

SillyBilly

Harsh.

I think he's been quite good, always intended the best for us, whether he delievered is another matter.

I don't think you can have a pop at the bloke for moving up to City though, massive increase in job/responsibility and even reputation. Championship minnows > Champions of England ? Not in anyones eyes but us, the fans.

You and I have probably have a different definition of harsh.

SillyBilly

I am a fan, but I'd still go to Man City, it's not like playing for the club. He'll be on 5 times the salary he was on at Derby, be working with building the best team in the world, not trying to make the best team in the championship. Be working with the likes of Roberto Mancini, compared to Gary Crosby.

No brainer.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding my viewpoint as I haven't clarified it to be fair. I expected him to go with the offer on the table from Man City for the reasons stated. I'm disappointed he hasn't stayed to fulfill the ambitions he has laid out for DCFC. I don't expect loyalty, I admire it.

Definitely better than most people gave him credit for and this proves it, city would have the pick of who they want with their money. This'd worries me a lot as he seemed to do a hell of a lot at the club and it could unsettle Clough.

Just like any player we sell, Tom Glick will now be sainted. Haha. We're hilarious.

Gotta admit, this is a little bit surprising and I wonder where that leaves us. I hope Glick leaves us in a position where someone can easily come in and carry on.

Archived