Tom Glick to Manchester City

CumbrianRam

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2791440,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...2791440,00.html

[size=3]

The Board of Derby County Football Club "the Board" can confirm that Tom Glick is to leave Pride Park.

[/size]

[size=3]

Mr Glick has resigned his position after being offered the role of Chief Commercial and Operating Officer at Manchester City Football Club.

[/size]

[size=3]

The Board wish to place on record their thanks to Tom for his hard work and dedication over the past four years. Derby County is recognised as a forward thinking club by industry peers, and Tom, along with his Executive Team have played a major role in this.

[/size]

[size=3]

Commenting on the Board change, Club Chairman Andy Appleby said: "Over the past few years the Board, working with the Executive Team and First Team Manager, have looked to re-structure the Club's operations and put Derby on the path towards long-term success.

[/size]

[size=3]

"The Board will continue to embrace Derby's rich heritage and build a solid, progressive and winning Football Club on its journey forward. Financial Fair Play will change the landscape within the Championship, and the Board remain convinced that with smart management off the field and good play on it, Derby can prosper in the seasons ahead.

[/size]

[size=3]

"The Club's strategy moving forward has clearly been set and it is testament to the planning, structures and people already at the Club that I and the rest of the Board will now take the appropriate time to find the right candidate to become the next Chief Executive."

[/size]

[size=3]

The finishing touches are currently being put to a number of new initiatives designed to offer more choice and a better service to our supporters and commercial partners. Tom shall stay in his post over the summer, working closely with the Board and Club staff to finish delivering some of these key commercial plans.

[/size]

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/6a/9c/0,,10270~9018474,00

Moving On: Tom Glick is to leave Derby County this summer and move to Manchester City

[size=3]

The Club's plans for the transfer window are also well advanced and these shall continue to be executed, as designed, by Nigel Clough with assistance from Vice President of Finance Mal Brannigan.

[/size]

[size=3]

Commenting on his decision to leave Derby County, Glick said: "It has been an honour to be associated with such a famous Club. My family and I have been warmly looked after by the people of Derby, and we shall always have this City and the Rams close to our hearts.

[/size]

[size=3]

"I want to especially thank our hard working staff who give their all for Derby County. We have looked to build a Club that is both solid but increasingly competitive and successful. I firmly believe that Derby County is ready to succeed in this new era of football financial responsibility.

[/size]

[size=3]

"I know that our Ownership Group, Executive Team and the rest of the staff will continue to work tirelessly to improve all areas of the Club. I think we all saw improvement and progress on the pitch last season and I know that Nigel is focused on building on this, over the summer.

[/size]

[size=3]

"The Club is in a strong and stable position and our strategy moving forward is clear. The Executive Team and I shall now focus on executing our immediate plans. In particular we shall deliver innovative and exciting new concepts that improve the service, experience and options that all of our supporters and corporate partners enjoy."

[/size]

Manchester City Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Tom Glick to the new post of Chief Commercial and Operating Officer.

Tom, currently the Chief Executive Officer of Derby County, is a highly respected professional with 23 years sports management experience both in the UK and overseas. He will take up his position in August.

The post has been created to empower the football club to rapidly realise its ever-increasing commercial opportunities and simultaneously optimally evolve its operations. All members of the commercial and operational teams will report to the new position.

Speaking of the appointment, Interim Chief Executive Officer John Macbeath said,

“Since September 2008 Manchester City has been a club in constant development and evolution. With many milestones achieved in terms of on and off field developments, it is important that we recognise that we must now further evolve in order that we can continue to create and capture potential opportunities for the Club. To do that we need the very best people and the Board believes that Tom is the ideal person for this role. We very much look forward to the contribution that he will make.”

Speaking of his decision Tom Glick said,

“I am very pleased to have been offered this opportunity at Manchester City Football Club. This is an exciting time for all connected with City, and I am looking forward to joining and helping to drive the Club's off-field development on its future journey. I have been impressed by the ambitions and plans set out by the Chairman and Board. I shall use my experiences here in England and in North America to help City build on its recent successes and achieve new milestones in Manchester and around the globe.'

Tom will remain in his post at Derby County over the summer and will continue to work closely with the Board in delivering existing key commercial plans.

Glick always said the aim was to be in the Premiership, I always thought that meant with Derby not Man City.

Well played tho, quite clearly he knows more than what some Derby fans gave him credit for.

One question - as they are the richest club in the world, will we get shed loads of compensation?

Don't think we'll get a penny tbh.

Be interesting to see if someone will come in to replace him, or if Clough will have a direct line through to the Americans. Clough and Glick formed a strong partnership, they backed each other up well, and worked well together, be a shame for someone to come in and change the direction of the club and set us back 2 or 3 years.

I'm stunned to be honest, always thought he was Derby through and through. LIked what he has tried to create with us, maybe could have spent more. But we are now on a sound footing for the future. be interesting how this effects Nigel as they both always seemed to have a very good relationship and very much supported each other.

SillyBilly

He has been talking of nothing for the last 2 years of not paying silly money and the need for a sensible wage structure. He has now joined Man City... Thanks for your loyalty Tom.

Archived