Tom Glick to Manchester City

CumbrianRam

This kinda proves that he knew how to a run professional sports team no matter the sport(from the business side). Got his feet wet with Derby then moved on to bigger things. Hopefully they bring in a guy who understands what the Club is trying to do financially and will have some faith in Clough and not instantly try to bring in his "own" guy by forcing Clough out. Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll miss him. He couldn't magic money out of the air, yet he always fronted up and was happy to talk to fans. Good luck to him.I hope he puts in a good word for Clough and that we get a sensible replacement, perhaps someone who knows a little bit about entertainment.

By the look of most of the comments on here Mr Glick will be taking quite a few members on

here wwith him.I've often thought that some on here support him and the manager more than

the Rams.Well i hope the city fans enjoy shopping in the bargain basement.When he arrived

we were in the premier league and the 12th best supported team in England.Four years later

15th best support and struggling in championship.If hes going he should piss off now.

Hey guys blue in peace here. Some positive comments about him so what's he like? Looks like he's been brought in to help us sort out our finances I'm guessing.

You can be sure he'll personally go about making sure the stadium is clean and tidy.

By the look of most of the comments on here Mr Glick will be taking quite a few members on

here wwith him.I've often thought that some on here support him and the manager more than

the Rams.Well i hope the city fans enjoy shopping in the bargain basement.When he arrived

we were in the premier league and the 12th best supported team in England.Four years later

15th best support and struggling in championship.If hes going he should piss off now.

Go back to your drawer you internet sock.

To hear some of you talk you would think we had won the Champions league three years in a row and the FA cup the same number of times whilst Glick has been here.

Instead of stagnation team wise, it is no better than it was when he came, in fact it is worse, because we had a Championship promotion side.

Some don't care about being a few million in debt, if it means competing, me for one.

Clough Snr did not need a Glick, Jim did not need a Glick, good riddance, hope it is not long before Appleby and the owners depart as well IMHO. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

To hear some of you talk you would think we had won the Champions league three years in a row and the FA cup the same number of times whilst Glick has been here.

Instead of stagnation team wise, it is no better than it was when he came, in fact it is worse, because we had a Championship promotion side.

Some don't care about being a few million in debt, if it means competing, me for one.

Clough Snr did not need a Glick, Jim did not need a Glick, good riddance, hope it is not long before Appleby and the owners depart as well IMHO. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Utter nonsense in my view. He has helped ensure the club is financially viable. Being a "few million in debt" oer increasing the debt simply means that in future years more of the season ticket income goes on interest and debt repayments rather than the wage budget so is just an argument for the credit card economy. It all has to be paid off some day. Some people on here simply expect sugar daddy's to constantly gift the club money. Why??????? And where are you likely to find one?????

Hey guys blue in peace here. Some positive comments about him so what's he like? Looks like he's been brought in to help us sort out our finances I'm guessing.

He operated in accordance to our owners desires. Increased revenues while working alongside a manager on a restrictive budget. Can't be blamed for the budget as he was just an employee not a major shareholder.

He did his job well, but some people blame him for the low budget which was beyond his control

That's great and all if you have the big money guy to write the checks. If not, well you need to keep a careful eye on the financials. The sports world is a helluva lot different than it was 40 years ago, it's a pity but it's true.

I think you've made an excellent appointment and I am sorry he is gone.

I think City have made a shrewd appointment. They have given him a job in the area he has done well at Derby- Finance and not directly football related.

I feel Glick has done well increasing the clubs revenue streams (albeit some tacky ones) and he has shown fiscal shrewdness on a budget dictated to him by the owners.

However he has a far from convincing in more footballing matters such as communicating with the media and fans (Barker type signings springs to mind) and there was ineptitude shown in some important transfer deals.

I wish him well, however wonder if this could be a blessing in disguise for us. Most of the commerical work has been done. Maybe now we can bring in a CEO with broad footy experience and help our on the field matters.

If you are about to renew your season ticket hold on, you'll get a free one when you buy a mobile phone

Yeah there are loads of British execs in American Baseball, because their knowledge is superb

Nationality and knowledge are not the same thing. And I also tend to think skills more important than knowledge as knowledge can be acquired more easily than skills. The fact that Tom Glick has been identified by the richest club on the planet as the perfect person to grow their business suggests that perhaps his nationality is not an impediment to success

Archived