Tom Glick to Manchester City

CumbrianRam

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question - as they are the richest club in the world, will we get shed loads of compensation?

No has Tom Glick has negotiated the compensation and agreed to 10 peanuts a bag of balls and a taxi to Man City. He does not realise that the compensation does not have to fit into out wage budget 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Just like any player we sell, Tom Glick will now be sainted. Haha. We're hilarious.

Gotta admit, this is a little bit surprising and I wonder where that leaves us. I hope Glick leaves us in a position where someone can easily come in and carry on.

You talk as if every fan has the same opinion of TG. I personally did not believe he was doing such a bad job and did not see his comments on transfer dealings as stone cold promises.

Pleased to see the talk on here is mainly positive... was expecting to come on here and see a whole load of "what?!?!?! he's useless!!!!" comments...

Always thought the guy was good and going to the Prem champions shows how highly he's rated...

You talk as if every fan has the same opinion of TG. I personally did not believe he was doing such a bad job and did not see his comments on transfer dealings as stone cold promises.

I wasn't implying that, but there will be a large percentage of fans who will think this is terrible news, just as there was a large percentage of fans that thought Tom Glick was our owner who was a tight basteward with his own money. Annoyingly, there will be a number of fans in both categories.

Well I say good luck to him and thankyou for all you've done at Derby County.

At the end of the day, it's a job and most people are always looking to better themselves career wise. Who wouldn't go? It shows how much he's thought of and Man City won't have gone into this lightly. I reckon he's been headhunted and why not if he's bloody good at what he does?

I'm gutted to be honest - but also pragmatic.

Bad news for DCFC - but any sane person (non fan) would have done the same. He's just snared the biggest role of its type in world football at the current time. Not the biggest "name", granted, but the opportunity is there to help turn them into a great name with that cash.

Good luck to him.

In all fairness Glick was doing a grand job of keeping the fans...etc on a high despite nothing to cheer about and I am not surprised someone has come in for him, I have always said he does a fantastic job. The mindless among us thought it was his duty to put money in, and fair play to him for sticking with us for so long, I'd of ****** off a long time ago!

I'm now a little apprehensive to think where this now leaves us, do we bring in someone to replace him or... save money on wages?

I think what Citeh are after is his commercial acumen and especially his contacts in the US of A. I don't think he will be involved in the football side of things at all. The more revenue he generates the more they can spend on the players and stay in the UEFA FFP (if it ever happens).

As for Derby it will be fascinating to see how it all plays out and how the interplay between the new guy, GSE and Nige is affected...

Archived