Steve Davies

Stive Pesley

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Shilts , and i genuinly believe he is leaving for family reasons , but still if the appearance fee active then its a win win situation for Derbys accountant and for Davies

Not really a win win as we would have no recognised CF at the club- and they ain't cheap

Very strange indeed !

why? Could 1 of his parents be ill and he wants to live closer to them? Or maybe his wife's parents might be ill? Or a sibling? Maybe there is a lot more to this than you, or any of us, knows about?

I respect him for being honest now and saying that he would not resign and stated a reason. I think Nigel knows the reason and has been quite clear that it is family related, so happy to wish him all the best, and hope everything works out for him.

What about cash plus Charlie Austin? Or, for that matter, cash plus Steve Davies for Charlie Austin? A 1 in 3 striker and a decent replacement on the cheap. I doubt Burnley would want to sell both of their main strikers, but if they're wanting 5 million for Rodriguez they'll have cash to flash. Perhaps they'd take Lee Croft off our hands too (here's hoping!).

In 2011/12, Jay Rodriguez scored 15 goals in 37 appearances.

In the same season, Steve Davies scored 12 goals in 26 appearances.

If Rodriguez is worth £7m, Davies has to be worth about £6m.

Surely?

This is why I hate the transfer market sometimes. It's unfair because it's so often just down to luck in terms of finding a club stupid enough to make a big offer like that. Burnley have made a sweet £7m for a striker no better than Davies, who we're probably going to have to sell for less than £1m.

But who will play for the other thirty games?

Rookie mistake - you forget, after leaving Derby he will play 40 games plus next year - it is the inevitable law of Sod.

Were Burnley the ones after Shackell as well, they could come in with some serious firepower now....

Archived