Fans at St Andrews.

blackNwhites

Noticed they were singing in the first half. Second half, 2 - 0 down the Derby fans were noticably much louder than the Brum fans. Well done lads and lasses, feel you had a hand in the team coming back today!

IMO, of course, just goes to show what a bit of proper support can do, even if you're losing. I know it was away, but no excuse, if we can get the stadium rocking, that's Pride Park, our home, we can lift the team and put fear into the opposition.

.."for when the Rams go marching in"...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 - 0 up, chasing auto promotion, played in Europe this season, won the league cup last season. 17000 fans and no noise except for the 'who are ya' when we made a sub.

1500 fans from Derby dominate the vocal support. Might I add, if you use the camera as the home point, to the right of the camera is the south stand at PP, same end as the away support at St Andrews today, you could hear their voices all around the stadium no doubt.

Pure domination vocally, shows it's there and needs to be transfered at Derby.

Also, I know this is nothing to do with the fans. But 3 players featured today that haven't played that much in the past few weeks.

Theo Robinson, Steve Davies and Ben Davies. Either through injury (Theo and Savies) and loss of form (Bavies), but with them 3 back maybe we can look for a bit more of an attacking threat.

3 home games coming up, maybe all 3 will feature, up the rams (and the fans).

Have always disliked the Brum- a huge pat on the back to all the Rams fans that made the journey and showed the Yam Yams what support means.

Yam Yams are people from the black country ie West Brom and Wolves

1,500 rams fan = only 15,500 home fans, another club we should'nt be below in the table

Thats a good turn out for the Ram's.. But whenever i see Birmingham playing on the telly they seem to be not bringing in the Fans they deserve tbf

I was there today, we backed the team even when 2-0 down. Best atmosphere I have seen this season and I hope the fans can keep this going and do this reguarly. The train back from Birmingham new street was brilliant as well. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I thought Birmingham were a bad joke tbh.

Yeh because you're only a proper supporter if you sing for 90 minutes right?

Ever thought that perhaps there might be people out there who just simply want to watch a game of football? You're not a better supporter because you sing.. So what if Brum rarely sing? Why is that '**** support*

Also mocking fans because of numbers.. Again, why? The difference between Derby and Brum is that we have more supporters available to pay to enter matches on a Saturday afternoon.. That doesn't make us 'better' supporters.

'Pure domination vocally' well done.. A dog makes more noise than a person, does that mean the dog is the better supporter?

Ever thought that perhaps there might be people out there who just simply want to watch a game of football? You're not a better supporter because you sing.. So what if Brum rarely sing? Why is that '**** support*

Also mocking fans because of numbers.. Again, why? The difference between Derby and Brum is that we have more supporters available to pay to enter matches on a Saturday afternoon.. That doesn't make us 'better' supporters.

'Pure domination vocally' well done.. A dog makes more noise than a person, does that mean the dog is the better supporter?

I was talking in 12th man terms.

If a person wants to sit there, fair enough, but there's something happened in English football over the years where people seemingly are discouraged to be vocal. Music pre match drowning them out, half time etc.. that is ruining our game. I watched Germany and French games, the games are always much more passionate than the English games these days. It brings out motivation in players.

Part of the experience of football, for me and many others is to sing and enjoy being a part of Derby, of the people. I love a game of football n'all, even better if we're singing along. Wether we win, lose or draw I always come home feeling like I've enjoyed myself after a singing session.

Derbys 12th man were outstanding today, wether you appreciate that kind of stuff or not is up to you, but if you're gonna come in here and spout rubbish about something you clearly don't understand, spend some time thinking about it first?

Although I agree with Bris on the numbers front, take a look at some of our away figures, ***** for "a club like this", I don't think you can knock people for being chuffed with our vocal support today. For me (players too looking at some twitter comments...) the fans had a massive effect on todays result, it was brilliant.

I don't think anyone is a "better supporter" because of this or that but I sometimes do wonder why people can't give a tiny tiny bit of backing to the football club they support. Fair enough if you don't want to sing for 90 minutes but c'mon, get behind your teams. Some of our fans will boo and moan without hesitation but seem to find it hard to sing up for the boys. Puzzles me.

The singing and noise is one of the things that made football so appealing for me (and probably thousands of others),in the first place, so to criticise fans who want to and enjoy doing that seems a bit churlish Bris.

If you can't understand the passion that makes usually sane people do such things then you are missing a bit of what it means to be a football fan in general, and a Derby fan in particular.

Archived