Fans at St Andrews.

blackNwhites

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish i could have gone today this is one away game i really wanted to go too this season, Bananas i won't make another away game this season Bananas but at least i went to blackpool this season. nice one to everyone who went and on final score said they could barley hear what there commieter was saying they said 1500n derby fans sounded like 40k. and even said they have never heard anything like it.

i would like to wish a well done to ben davies thankyou for getting back in the game, and you made me eat my words today, cridit when it's due

The singing and noise is one of the things that made football so appealing for me (and probably thousands of others),in the first place, so to criticise fans who want to and enjoy doing that seems a bit churlish Bris.

If you can't understand the passion that makes usually sane people do such things then you are missing a bit of what it means to be a football fan in general, and a Derby fan in particular.

I have no problems at all with people who like to jump up and down and sing.. No problems whatsoever..

I just find it strange how people can knock support by calling it '****' just because they don't sing.

It's like an indirect insult at me, basically I'm being called a **** supporter because I prefer to sit there and just enjoy the game without having to sing or shout.. Like I said, if you do it, great good for you, but why knock someone (or a group of fans) that don't?

There's a difference between having 'good vocal support' and 'good support'.. Brum aren't **** supporters just because they don't sing. Nor are any of you good supporters because you do sing.

I'm one of those that doesn't sing or shout too much, partly because on worried I might be accidentally joining in with the away fans (i don't get to many games do the whole etiquette is a mystery to me), but I absolutely respect and admire those that do. I totally believe on the idea of the 12th man, and if, as a whole, the body of fans isn't making that noise and being that twelfth man, then someone on the supporters side needs to step up and make that happen. That's good support. We have that, and are still working to ever improve it, Birmingham don't. I wouldst criticise any individual for not singing out, but I think its right to criticise a group of 15000+ people who can't het their act together to muster at least a bit of support. What I've heard about the support today pleases me even mote than the result. Well done fellas.

Yeh because you're only a proper supporter if you sing for 90 minutes right?

Ever thought that perhaps there might be people out there who just simply want to watch a game of football? You're not a better supporter because you sing.. So what if Brum rarely sing? Why is that '**** support*

Also mocking fans because of numbers.. Again, why? The difference between Derby and Brum is that we have more supporters available to pay to enter matches on a Saturday afternoon.. That doesn't make us 'better' supporters.

'Pure domination vocally' well done.. A dog makes more noise than a person, does that mean the dog is the better supporter?

You sound like a fun guy, the whole point of watching DCFC live is atmosphere, noise creates atmosphere, if everyone was like you there would be none, you may as well sit behind glass in an exec box.

I went today,was a quality atmosphere,and i always enjoy myself so much more when everyone is singing and bouncing around! The atmosphere is part of the reason i go, i'm not sure i'd go to all the these games if everyone was sat down all game not saying a word. Well done to everyone who was there!

Also i did see a lot of stuff kick off after the match,bottles were smashing the lot! Not the most pleasant experience ever lol!

I'm glad I didn't follow the masses back, there was a lot of singing after and that led to confrontation. I could hear it down the sidestreet I was going down to get back. I hope everyone is okay.

I made it back fine lol! I just kept walking through,there were a couple of groups of fans singing which didn't help at all, i started walking through this tunnel and all i heard was bottles smashing then a load of brummies started running....

I made it back fine lol! I just kept walking through,there were a couple of groups of fans singing which didn't help at all, i started walking through this tunnel and all i heard was bottles smashing then a load of brummies started running....

well I hope they are okay 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> I just went down a side street and kept my head down 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> got lost a couple of times but made it back eventually.

Might be why it's being discouraged around the country. Although nobody has come out and actually expressed this concern, it seems pretty obvious that an active vocal support is not welcome anymore.

The dark side of support.

Last time hooligansim kicked off weren't we in the midst of a recession?

There's a difference between having 'good vocal support' and 'good support'.. Brum aren't **** supporters just because they don't sing. Nor are any of you good supporters because you do sing.

Whats the definitiion of good support then? Brum fans neither sing nor turn up in good numbers from one of the biggest cities in Europe. On the back of sucess, european football, going for automatic promotion....

I'm pretty certain if our football club had those luxories in football we'd appreciate the team a lot more.

The whole idea of "supporting" your team is how much the fans contribute to me. I think our support is very much overhyped as it's pretty rubbish at times but compared to Birmingham yesterday we definatley showed much more "support" for our team.

Archived