England squad versus Netherlands.

blackNwhites

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This squad pretty much sums up why will not win anything for years to come. Also proves to me that Capello going was for the good of the national team (we are 4 months away from the tournament and still no idea what our best team is)

How come Carson is in the squad? Thought he said he did not want to be considered for international call up?

I think he's right not to pick Oxlade Chamberlain.

He's got no tournament experience at a younger level - the best footballing nations in the world have squads full of players who have been through junior tournaments and are hardened to being away from home, and coping with the knock out mentality. In my opinion, it's one of the reasons we're so crap at tournaments. Get hold of a young lad, chuck him straight in the seniors, doesn't do well, gets butchered by the press.

Lampard despite not playing massively is still well infront of any other english ,midfielder in terms of goals and assists 22 games 10 goals and 5 assists in the league.

ridiculously under-rated by the masses... best midfielder of the 'premiership' era.

Seriously? Better than Scholes?

Seriously? Better than Scholes?

Scholes should be by rights remembered as a great, but for me not as good as Lampard, and always thought Scholes had a bad attitude when it came to the england team, so never really liked him.

Scholes 682 games 152 goals

Lampard 737 games 222 goals

55 games between them and 70 goals, also Lampard has a better record for england (not by much mind) Lampard is probably the most under-rated player of my generation, top class professional.. top class player!

Lampard creates more, Scholes is a deeper position play maker mind... as I said, both great players but Lampard is just (for me) the better player.

Welbeck, as i have said on here many times, will never make it at international level, he just isnt that good.

As for Fat Frank...!! Oh my god!! There are better, thinner players on the racecourse every sunday morning.

To be fair that fergie player is mostly right more than he is wrong. He is only 22 so a bit young to be writing him off yet.

I bet one of those fat blokes would run as far as Lampard does per match or have his goal record in the prem, champions league and internationals

Archived