England squad versus Netherlands.

blackNwhites

England squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Some interesting choices. Bit to soon maybe for Tom Cleverley and Frazier Campbell. Disappointed that Walcoot is still getting the nod, no Oxlade Chamberlain. Micah Richards is back in, about time. Stewart Downing?

No Rio Ferdinand or Frank Lampard. After seeing Ashley Coles behaviour versus Napoli, think he should also be dropped. No man is bigger than any team, if you can't respect your manager you don't deserve to play. His performance against Napoli was poor.

Scott Carson, I'm sure we have more keepers available.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some time a go, allegedly, he said he didn't like AVB's tactics and selections so didn't want to play for his team.

When Bosingwa got injured, Cole was called up and looked as if he was ignoring everything AVB was telling him, no eye to eye contact, no discussion. Proceeded to have a poor game, heart wasn't in it, pulling out of tackles and didn't try very hard to get back to his man. Half arsed.

Some time a go, allegedly, he said he didn't like AVB's tactics and selections so didn't want to play for his team.

When Bosingwa got injured, Cole was called up and looked as if he was ignoring everything AVB was telling him, no eye to eye contact, no discussion. Proceeded to have a poor game, heart wasn't in it, pulling out of tackles and didn't try very hard to get back to his man. Half arsed.

oh ! yeah I saw that, so that's not his normal self then?

I suppose we've got Welbeck, Young and Walcott who can play forward roles. Bents a great finisher, know what you mean about international level though. Not much else to his game.

Prefer the idea of Rooney in an attacking midfield role for England, linking up the play. He's rarely involved in the game as a striker in an England shirt, hence his frustration.

Pearce seems to be the FA's golden boy cos he keeps getting these jobs,managing the GB team at the Olympics as well

what's he ever done in management?

anyway Oxlade-Chamberlain is possibly the most exciting player in the country at the moment and i bet loads of people were hoping to see him play against Holland but Pearce doesn't pick him

Don't the U21s have a competitive fixture, compared to the first team only playing a friendly? This may explain Oxlade-Chamberlain, although I agree he could be given a chance here. How long til Wilshere is back? He was hailed as the new midfield maestro a few months ago.

Archived