Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

I don't see how he can get any kind of confidence up when he (and Maguire) know that if they do happen to make a little mistake they'll be dropped for the next 5 games. It's a pathetic way to manage a team.

Best of luck to the lad, hope he stays in England and proves Nigel wrong.

Rubbish. Players have come in and worked to keep their position and make it difficult to drop them. Maguire and Cwyka haven't, When Cywka was out of the team last year not many people were calling for him to play but after Clough said his comments he became an instant hit and threads calling Clough and wanting him to play cropped up.

I prefer a solid team after the seasons since being in prem to steady the ship. We are 9pts off last yr total with 20 games still left to play.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People just aren’t going to agree on this one.

Some like to label NC as some kind of footballing dullard who only likes grafters and who just can’t see the talent he’s letting slip through his fingers. Yet, the only genuine quality attacking player I’ve seen at PP over the past few years has been Commons. Clough wanted (and I think really expected) Commons to stay - despite the fact that the cost of keeping Commons would have severely limited his ability to bring in other players.

Also it was NC himself who brought Cywka and Maguire to Derby and so must have hoped more than any of us that they would have done better by now.

It was also Clough who got Commons playing the most games in run without injury and scoring has freely as he did before leaving.

Agree with both sides of the argument to an extent. Dont think Cykwa is anything special but he's better than players who've played a lot more than him. Obviously Clough doesnt like him for what ever reason and i do think he's been unfairly treated in comparison to other players. Clough has always had his favourites and is a stubborn man which is a major flaw.

"even when I used to watch them in the third division the team used to excite me for more than 10% of a game"

im 36 so i remember us in the 3rd division(i was only a kid tho) but i have to disagree with you

surley you must think the phil brown team was more negative?

opinions tho isnt it so maybe not

Brayford, Bryson, B Davies, Ward, Bailey - I'd all say they are all reasonably creative.

I think this team is much better than the one in the 1st division straight after we went down in 2002, and miles better than the team in the early 90's pre Johnson, Short etc - we were dogshite!

you know what i agree with bris to a degree, i do think hes got talent probably more than some people who have had more games.

but he just didnt play enough for us for whetever reason..whether it was effort? didnt develop? i dont know but to say that this is the least creative derby team in all his life??? how old are you?? 6?7?

I'm 23.. And this is the least creative dcfc team I've ever seen.. Who do we have that's creative? Ward, who occasionally beats his man and puts in a cross.. (I do like Ward, but Tommy Smith was better and he wasn't even our most creative player during both George Burley and Phil Browns reign)..

Billy Davies for all his faults had little sparks in Lupoli, Barnes and Jones that is easily more creative than anything we've got..

All of Jim Smiths sides, I won't even go there..

Paul Jewells side.. Barazite, Commons, even Tyrone Mears could create something..

Who else is missing? John Gregory? Colin Todd? Erm we still had Kinkladze, Christie, Lee Morris, Rob Lee.. They were marginally more creative than this lot.

So yes I stand by my statement, least creative dcfc I've ever seen.. My general excitement comes from Ward beating a man (I'd say his battles with the RBs this season stands around 60%-40% in his favour) John Brayford crossing the halfway line (this has dropped dramatically since 2010) and Theo Robinson fooling every man and his dog by doing his trademark 'air shot'

I'm 23.. And this is the least creative dcfc team I've ever seen.. Who do we have that's creative? Ward, who occasionally beats his man and puts in a cross.. (I do like Ward, but Tommy Smith was better and he wasn't even our most creative player during both George Burley and Phil Browns reign)..

Billy Davies for all his faults had little sparks in Lupoli, Barnes and Jones that is easily more creative than anything we've got..

All of Jim Smiths sides, I won't even go there..

Paul Jewells side.. Barazite, Commons, even Tyrone Mears could create something..

Who else is missing? John Gregory? Colin Todd? Erm we still had Kinkladze, Christie, Lee Morris, Rob Lee.. They were marginally more creative than this lot.

So yes I stand by my statement, least creative dcfc I've ever seen.. My general excitement comes from Ward beating a man (I'd say his battles with the RBs this season stands around 60%-40% in his favour) John Brayford crossing the halfway line (this has dropped dramatically since 2010) and Theo Robinson fooling every man and his dog by doing his trademark 'air shot'

Rob Lee - creative? Jesus H Christ. I loved the bloke at Derby, but I wouldn't say he was creative.

This feels like an argument for arguments sake.

Archived