Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

bit miffed about this one definately thought he was a good player had a few good games then got shot down completely for 1 mistake publicly by clough wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave cracking playing for someone willing to play him

Unless Clough suffers from a severe mental illness or dissability, I think it's pretty obvious it wasn't just that in isolation which made Clough lose patience with him.

Jewell and Clough both pointed to a squad incapable of carrying out simple instructions and it seems our current manager's first aim was to sign players who could do that. Cywka stood out even more in this squad. Heard that if Cywka followed Nigel's instructions against Reading, he wouldn't have scored - but Reading were also less likely to have scored both of their goals, as he was told to keep their left back at bay I believe.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm prepared to give the manager the benefit of the doubt here. I do/did like Tomasz as a player but there was always the nagging doubt that he wouldn't be strong enough physically or mentally to push on.

When i think as well that I haven't seen too many players leave Derby in the last 3 years only to go on and be worldbeaters somewhere else, it's another reason why I trust the managers judgement. He usually knows when someone has shot it.

Good luck to Tommy though - like i said a few months ago - I think he'll end up playing in Germany or Spain in the second tier before going back home. He'd do a decent job for one of the top 6 in ekstraklasa.

im realy gutted about this news i beleive that cywka brings creativity to the team, and when playing gives 110% , and to let him go on a free ! ive just had a look on forest forum and theres a thread on there about signing him and what a good player, what do we have to do to get rid of DOYLE HE IS THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE GOING,

I see cywka has been knocking the goals in for the reserves, WHATS A MATTER WITH YOU CLOUGH ! sign him up for another year i cant see him being a big drain on the wage either.

'A move back to Poland fell through last week and Clough has already signed Sunderland striker Ryan Noble on a loan deal in the January transfer window'.......

So NC signs someone on a months loan and that says Tommy can go..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

I guess NC and I are Poles apart in our logic.

I wish the lad well, it must have been a nightmare here for him the last year or so.....

think this is an absolute travesty imo. A great young player lacking confidence, why give him away when a) you could loan him to gain game time and experience and 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> when there was so much fuss about bringing him here in the first place? A real, damned shame for the club

Unhappy about this but understand that we wish to pole axe half our squad.

I always thout he looked more creative than Ben Davies but if Clough believes he's given him every chance and he's not learning then let him go, Clough will have to find another public scapegoat.

Unfortunate for Cywka, but could be good for him in the long run. It was obvious he wasn't one of Nige's favourites after that public slating he gave him.

I hope he's career doesn't fade because of it, he has potential and hopefully he shows it somewhere else.

Unhappy about this but understand that we wish to pole axe half our squad.

I always thout he looked more creative than Ben Davies but if Clough believes he's given him every chance and he's not learning then let him go, Clough will have to find another public scapegoat.

In fairness Ben Davies has created more in half a season than Tommy has in 2 and a half seasons, still liked him as people have said he'll go abroad no doubt!

In fairness Ben Davies has created more in half a season than Tommy has in 2 and a half

seasons, still liked him as people have said he'll go abroad no doubt!

Only in terms of stats mate. Ward has created more than anyone has in 3years except Commons. Yet he only has a couple of assists to his name.

Davies couldn't beat a Ginger step son.

One of his assists was at Forest when he wanted to shoot but knocked the ball too far ahead and Hendrick smashed home. Another was against Millwall? when Ward drove in from the left knocked it back, Davies fell but it touched off him to Bryson.

Robinson helped created Hendricks goal at Forest but Davies miscontrol got him an assist.

Cywka can create. He just needs to open his friggin ears. He's worth the frustration. Yet Nigel has patience with Connor Doyle.

Ask yourself this question. If he's such a good player, why hasn't any championship teams come in for him over the summer or this season?

He has skill, but that isn't enough. If he drops down a level he might play enough to learn how to play.

Ask yourself this question. If he's such a good player, why hasn't any championship teams come in for him over the summer or this season?

He has skill, but that isn't enough. If he drops down a level he might play enough to learn how to play.

This.

He's clearly been available all window. The queue to sign the lad so far runs to a Polish team I've never heard of. QED.

Archived