South Stand Kop / Move Away Fans

therams69

Hi all,

Okay we have gone over this time and time and time again and probably time again.

Now is the time to hopefully make a difference.

We all agree on the below I think it is fair to say:-

1) Away fans have too much dominance behind the goal in the South Stand.

2) The noise from the SE Corner DOES NOT travel around the stadium due to the acoustics.

3) WE NEED to do something about it the atomsphere and create a legacy.

4) Get ready for plans for potential safe standing within the next 5 years.

So, what I want is your opinion on whether or not we should do the below.

Move the away fans to the SE Corner where the current singing area is now. Allocate and advertise the South Stand as the "vocal singing area" with the idea of having potentially up to 4000 singing fans.

For cup games where an extra 15% is required an additional block from the East Stand and South Stand can be used thus not affecting the majority of the South Stand vocal area which at the moment happens.

Before its mentioned it is not possible for the SW Corner to house away fans.

Before its mentioned about away fans, this is Pride Park, the home of Derby County and we should be put first which is currently not happening rather than discussing there rights etc....

I know certain people within the club want this and I know many fans do so now is the time to do something about it.

We have to address this issue about atmosphere and get it sorted. It simply does not work at the moment.

I know many SE Corner ST holders would be possibly aggreived at any move to use this area to house away supporters but if your interested in adding to the atmosphere surely you can see the reasons for it.

Interested to hear your views.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been wanting it for years!!!

Feel like a right wally all huddled in a corner singing to eachother while away fans scream into the open.

Also itll break up the Cosy set up in the SE where a few people are a bit clique. Might serve as a kick up the bum.

Plus the away fans can get it from both sides. I hardly think that the empty SW corner does owt

to silence them.

I don't expect a rowdy end to take off instantly. It'll take some settling in.

Also stop the risk of trouble on their walk back through our fans to the buses.

And ffs!! Stop goal music drowning our celebrations and singing. It's fcukin stupid crap for clubs in empty grounds. Complete atmosphere drainer!! Bloody goal music belongs at Coventry and MK Dons

Would there be 2500/4000 fans willing to sing all the time though or would it just end up being the 'barmy army' in the north stand that had about 15 people there? If it's going to be done it needs to be done properly - i agree though that the stadium is need of a major atmosphere boost

I suspect that much of the problem is that all that seems to come from the SE Corner, are songs / chants about who they hate and other nonsense (like grown men asking the manager to wave at them!!!!). I rarely hear anything that is getting behind the team. Nothing to do with acoustics, all to do with quality of the vocal support. Maybe I am on my own with this view, but hey ho!!! xx

good idea but the club would have to alter the concourse beneath the stands to move the away fans. I dont think they will do that as at the moment the fans are kept well apart therefore better health and safety and no trouble.

Its one thing changing where you sit/stand but all logistics have to be looked at as well

good idea but the club would have to alter the concourse beneath the stands to move the away fans. I dont think they will do that as at the moment the fans are kept well apart therefore better health and safety and no trouble.

Its one thing changing where you sit/stand but all logistics have to be looked at as well

Aware of that mate but if the support is enough then this will be changed. Read my opening comment again, a little clue in there!

Would there be 2500/4000 fans willing to sing all the time though or would it just end up being the 'barmy army' in the north stand that had about 15 people there? If it's going to be done it needs to be done properly - i agree though that the stadium is need of a major atmosphere boost

I think there would be a good uptake! Tbf alot of fans will not go to the SE Corner because its the SE Corner. I found that out when sorting NSBA out last season. You will have to ask them for their reasons but been covered many times.

Lets not go off topic BUT just to clarify for about the 100,000 time the Barmy Army do not exist anymore. And to just answer, we had more than 15 people in there. Average of 70 each game!

It should have been like it from the opening of the souless bowl.

The sooner the better as far as i am concerned, i doubt you will get anyone arguing against it.

But like someone has already said, the poor atmosphere is also down to the numptey songs being sung week in week out, 99.99% of the time they are embarrassing and copies.

Best of luck with it though Nick, make sure your "connection" in the club is someone at the top because i think it might be tricky getting all the logistics sorted for a move like this. (it needs doing before the start of our 2012/13 premiershit championship winning season.

Im confused to why the location of the fans makes any difference, back in my day (long time ago), we had the popside / columbo, and C stand making the noise, there wasnt any need to bang on the chairmans door to get the areas we sat moved, we didnt need song sheets, we didnt really have any communcation bar meeting before match day in the pub, didnt need a drum, or music when we scored.....buggar I give up starting to sound like my Grandad....Good Luck in whatever you do 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

In The bbg the noise travelled, but due to the design of the roof ( designed so sun isn't in opposit stands fans eyes) the noise first travell from south east or north east!!

When we were in north last year at times even when teams put only a few hundred we could hear them over the s/e corner!!

Yes lots of songs are cringeworthy I agree!! But we could make it do much better!!

On Saturday I heard a lot more of the old school songs being sang and was fun!!

I back this 100%

Although I think it will help the atmosphere a bit, for me it's more to do with shoving the away fans in a corner - this is our ground and we should have both ends!

At least the whole lower tier of people in the South Stand should stand as well, otherwise it'll look a bit ****.

Archived