South Stand Kop / Move Away Fans

therams69

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have sat in the north stand since 1999 and after reading the OP's comments and the overwhelming support for the move i can only assume a vast majority of you sit in the SE corner or near abouts, over the years I've heard many large away followings out sung by 'We are Derby' and other 'positive',for want of a better word, songs from the SE corner. In recent years it must be said that yes the noise from derby fans isn't so good, but not so much in terms of volume but the frequency of songs is what i feel has dropped the most. Long periods of silence allow groans to be heard and the large crowds become a hindrance, getting at players for little mistakes.

Why are chants so often about how we hate forest, Leeds, ect, the players don't get motivated by you hating a side playing in another stadium. You wouldn't go and support your child at sports day by hurling abuse at the other kids, at least i hope not.

The SE corner was fine and built a good reputation for its self in pervious years but the lack of Derby chants make less people join in and yes make you quieter, im not saying no to the forest and Leeds chants cause they are all part of it but 'We love you Derby' wouldn't go a miss and you might find its a bit louder than 'stand up if you hate forest', even if you are in the corner.

If you are moving cause its better at the ends then i fully support you, ive sat all around pride park and sitting behind the goal is by far my favourite spot

I have sat in the north stand since 1999 and after reading the OP's comments and the overwhelming support for the move i can only assume a vast majority of you sit in the SE corner or near abouts, over the years I've heard many large away followings out sung by 'We are Derby' and other 'positive',for want of a better word, songs from the SE corner. In recent years it must be said that yes the noise from derby fans isn't so good, but not so much in terms of volume but the frequency of songs is what i feel has dropped the most. Long periods of silence allow groans to be heard and the large crowds become a hindrance, getting at players for little mistakes.

Why are chants so often about how we hate forest, Leeds, ect, the players don't get motivated by you hating a side playing in another stadium. You wouldn't go and support your child at sports day by hurling abuse at the other kids, at least i hope not.

The SE corner was fine and built a good reputation for its self in pervious years but the lack of Derby chants make less people join in and yes make you quieter, im not saying no to the forest and Leeds chants cause they are all part of it but 'We love you Derby' wouldn't go a miss and you might find its a bit louder than 'stand up if you hate forest', even if you are in the corner.

If you are moving cause its better at the ends then i fully support you, ive sat all around pride park and sitting behind the goal is by far my favourite spot

You could say that is part of it yes.

I think there are many factors to consider. Home fans behind each goal for a start, the acoustics etc

Unfortunately Derby do not have an advertised vocal area. The SE Corner is recognized as the area to be but the problem is many fans go here because of the view. No problem with that and I for one am not to say where fans should sit etc but when you try and get an atmosphere going and they don't join in results in the atmosphere being poor. Except Leeds and Forest where any man and his dog are up for it.

Same at away games. Singers at the back and non singers at the front is how it works.

Even such songs as We love Derby, We are Derby don't even get the respect they should these days! Dont ask me why!

Archived