South Stand Kop / Move Away Fans

therams69

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often follow the threads on this forum without actually commenting, but I feel I've got to add my voice on this one.

Firstly I've got to applaud the efforts to encourage/organise a singing section, I'd be the first to join it.

However, to say that the acoustics in the South East corner are poor, in my oppinion is a complete load of bo!!ocks. I regularly travel abroad to watch football at a Spanish 3rd division side who play in a 'concrete bowl' (acoustics couldn't possibly be worse) and the noise generated by the local fans puts Pride Park to shame.

U

Do you really think that moving the away fans to anywhere else in the ground wound would make a jot of difference to the atmosphere they generate for their side, if you do, I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Do we not make ourselves heard at away grounds? That is because the fans that travel to away matches are like minded people, we all want to vocally support our team!

Back in the day of the Baseball ground we all turned up around 1:00 or 1:30 to take our places on the terracing and we went and stood where we knew we would be with other like minded fans that wanted to sing, it was simple.

The major problem now at home games is that we have to be where our ticket number is.

Solution - Make one stand unreserved seating (standing), soon you would have a nucleus of fans arriving earlier to take their prefared place and all 'singing fans' congregating in the same area.

I personally don't think it is a good idea to move the away fans as this would require there being two sections of segregation thus reducing the ground capacity.

For me, the answer is to get all our vocal support in one area and drown out the away fans. Its down to our desire to outsing the opposition. Lets have unreserved seating.

old fart, you're not only the strong silent type, but my hero.

I wish you would post more, you have been around for a long time, spot on post mate.

I often follow the threads on this forum without actually commenting, but I feel I've got to add my voice on this one.

Firstly I've got to applaud the efforts to encourage/organise a singing section, I'd be the first to join it.

However, to say that the acoustics in the South East corner are poor, in my oppinion is a complete load of bo!!ocks. I regularly travel abroad to watch football at a Spanish 3rd division side who play in a 'concrete bowl' (acoustics couldn't possibly be worse) and the noise generated by the local fans puts Pride Park to shame.

Do you really think that moving the away fans to anywhere else in the ground wound would make a jot of difference to the atmosphere they generate for their side, if you do, I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Do we not make ourselves heard at away grounds? That is because the fans that travel to away matches are like minded people, we all want to vocally support our team!

Back in the day of the Baseball ground we all turned up around 1:00 or 1:30 to take our places on the terracing and we went and stood where we knew we would be with other like minded fans that wanted to sing, it was simple.

The major problem now at home games is that we have to be where our ticket number is.

Solution - Make one stand unreserved seating (standing), soon you would have a nucleus of fans arriving earlier to take their prefared place and all 'singing fans' congregating in the same area.

I personally don't think it is a good idea to move the away fans as this would require there being two sections of segregation thus reducing the ground capacity.

For me, the answer is to get all our vocal support in one area and drown out the away fans. Its down to our desire to outsing the opposition. Lets have unreserved seating.

Good to see you back posting mate! Always had alot of time for your posts!

Fans in european football have a different outlook to football than what we do, give them any ground in the country and they would make noise!

Unreserved seating for league games for a home support will never happen as much as I would love it too.

But it should be unreserved seating just for one stand, I think people will find it an incentive to relocate there. I would prefer to be in a stand where you can sit wherever you like than be told where to sit. Plus it means alot of people will get there early to guarantee a good position in the stand so we could get abit of atmosphere going early doors

The Franchise End?

The Matchday Xperience End?

TurnDown/OffYourShitGoalMusicThatWeDontNeedBecauseWeArentCoventry End?

All the time I've been going to Pride Park I have no idea of the name of any stand except Toyota?!

Remember the South Stand was Mansfield Bitter Stand years ago? Is North Stand the University one??

I never see PP except from the back of South Stand lol

But it should be unreserved seating just for one stand, I think people will find it an incentive to relocate there. I would prefer to be in a stand where you can sit wherever you like than be told where to sit. Plus it means alot of people will get there early to guarantee a good position in the stand so we could get abit of atmosphere going early doors

There would be a rush for Derby County towels, everyone putting them on their seats and going for a pint. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> A bit more revenue for the club.

The Derwent End sounds good to me.

I still call the North Stand 'The Derbyshire' after the mid-2000s. East Stand and South Stand will always be the same for me.

It's obvious the Americans will want a company to fork out money to name a stand after them, but I always thought one of the stands should be named after a Derby legend, such as Brian Clough, etc

We couldn't have a BC stand now. Those lot down the road would have a baby!!

Can't have one with out the other, so how about The Clough Taylor stand? Would that work?

Can't have one with out the other, so how about The Clough Taylor stand? Would that work?

I like it but can't help but feel that ship sailed. It should of been sorted while he was still alive. With the opening of a new ground??

Now it'd be like a desperate claim to fame from a club that's accepted it's fate to be a nobody.

IMO like.

I talk **** fluently.

When safe standing is legal we should make the move, and safe standing will become legal relatively soon. Rangers and Celtic are going to apply for it in scotland, and Aston Villa are going to examine the possibility of bringing it in. I don't think we should make the move until that point when safe standing is incorporated though, when it is incorporated it will be a new era and people will be genuinely excited and then everyone will move rather than maybe a handfull.

Nick,

How open to this are the club?

I know the safe standing thing is separate, but like Young Ram says, it'll help the stand develop towards a kop style end much quicker than seating.

I hate it that we have to call it a Kop for now. We'll need a better name soon lol!

Nick,

How open to this are the club?

I know the safe standing thing is separate, but like Young Ram says, it'll help the stand develop towards a kop style end much quicker than seating.

I hate it that we have to call it a Kop for now. We'll need a better name soon lol!

Agreed but we need to do something about the atmosphere now. Safe Standing will take around 3-4 years in my opinion and that is also if Derby County decided they want to do it.

I think it would be more than a handful moving over. You could perhaps say 75% of the SE Corner would move to it! They would have to move somewhere.

KOP was just a word I used. Lets just say the singing / vocal end for now.

If enough fans are interested then we can put it forward to the club. There will be objections / issues I am sure but maybe it really needs to be looked at. Things need to change, think we all agree on that.

Deffo needs something.

Some people seem resigned to an average atmosphere and mock anyone trying to do something about a situation they feel will never change.

If these people can see some big strides made then again the South Stand will attract more numbers.

It works ok at times at Leicester and I think Derby could do much better than that!

Archived