South Stand Kop / Move Away Fans

therams69

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Them cells can't be an excuse. Hardly bloody a state prison I'd wager.

Plus if ever Derby were a fighting sort the ridiculous opportunity for a meet up around the back is hard to police while they have to walk through us to get to coaches.

I'll plaster them cells for a major reduction on our season tickets.

Boycie can wire in Electric chair.

Uttox can provide biscuits for the guard duty.

Anyone got a hammer and nails and a spare padlock?

Absolutely totally in favour

Its ridiculous that a club with our levels of support gives nigh on a full end to away fans - net effect that they either take over the end (& seemingly noise) or bring hardly any leaving massive swarthes of empty seats. We're not Coventry or Barnsley.

Its very difficult personalising a "made to measure football bowl" but we've made strides with Clough/Taylor statute, Bloomer bust & Pickering entrance. Once we get the fans in the right place (i.e. noisy lot in the south stand) we'll be sorted. And like a few have said here, if we ever get the OK for safe standing, south stand seems to be an obvious contender.

Would be fantastic IMO! Aslong as its not the back 5 rows stood up! And the only real problem i see is getting the SE loyalists to agree with it....

Some might not agree with it because they are in an illusion to how good the SE is. Some people seem to think the SE is the dogs logs. Some lads below me hate the South Stand starting songs.

They need the move more than anyone. They are too comfy.

Some might not agree with it because they are in an illusion to how good the SE is. Some people seem to think the SE is the dogs logs. Some lads below me hate the South Stand starting songs.

They need the move more than anyone. They are too comfy.

I've noticed the bit about east standers not happy with the south stand singing mate!! When we sung 'Were the south stand' All i got was the fingure and certain hand gestures lol!! I think moving everyone together in one stand will be good so there is no South/East divide which seems to be there!

Yeah agree of that and very much as to what 1996ram said.

You wouldnt do it at an away so why do it at a gome game.

Alpha - Fully agree.

SO thus far we can agree with the proposal, theres always going to be objection but nothing major yet.

I know the forums are say a small percentage of fans opinions but I have been asking people at games and they agreed.

Really behind these proposals - and glad that there is support from the club to do it.

Would love to see the safe-standing brought in - particularly if it results in lower ticket prices. This has be to be a really good incentive to try and get more younger supporters involved.

Really behind these proposals - and glad that there is support from the club to do it.

Would love to see the safe-standing brought in - particularly if it results in lower ticket prices. This has be to be a really good incentive to try and get more younger supporters involved.

Just remember these are my proposals at this stage and by no means the clubs. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Cracking idea, that gets my vote.

Where do I sign?

Guess we have to think long term. Safe standing will come in, whether it be 3, 5 or 7 years! But it will come.

It would be a HUGE mistake to put the Safe Standing in the SE Corner.

Anyway, lets leave safe standing for another thread thats already setup! LOL!

This is about the thread title!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I agree. The South Stand should be a safe standing home stand, no-one moaning about someone standing up infront of them, people who are vocal are together, and more importantly, the away fans placed in the corner.

I always feel at Leicester the away section is rather 'shoved out of the way', and thats what it should be for the visiting fans. They shouldn't get better quality than the home supporters.

The only problem is, when teams bring a big following, inparticular for FA Cup games, how would it work being in the corner? I think the wall next to the South Stand kind of ruins it. If that were level with the rest of the stadium then that is where I would put the away fans

Guess we have to think long term. Safe standing will come in, whether it be 3, 5 or 7 years! But it will come.

It would be a HUGE mistake to put the Safe Standing in the SE Corner.

Anyway, lets leave safe standing for another thread thats already setup! LOL!

This is about the thread title!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Quite right Nick 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Okays, I'll settle for a sitting SS full of home fans, with a view to standing in the future.

I think we can safely say that from wherever people sit in the ground - although we can hear the SE corner and you & the lads - the dominant voices are from the away fans and there's something wrong with that. It needs changing and the sooner the better.

Quite right Nick 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Okays, I'll settle for a sitting SS full of home fans, with a view to standing in the future.

I think we can safely say that from wherever people sit in the ground - although we can hear the SE corner and you & the lads - the dominant voices are from the away fans and there's something wrong with that. It needs changing and the sooner the better.

If I had a nail and a hammer............................................ You know the saying!

We can't just go ahead and throw the safe standing stand in can we. Say we're in the Prem within the next few years. Selling out games like last time. With a stadium that was built to be expanded. If we stay up and do well for a few seasons and the board decide to expand the ground, surely we'd have to wait until its finished to put the safe standing in. I really don't think the board will put safe standing in until the ground is expanded, just to save having to alter it again.

Archived