South Stand Kop / Move Away Fans

therams69

We can't just go ahead and throw the safe standing stand in can we. Say we're in the Prem within the next few years. Selling out games like last time. With a stadium that was built to be expanded. If we stay up and do well for a few seasons and the board decide to expand the ground, surely we'd have to wait until its finished to put the safe standing in. I really don't think the board will put safe standing in until the ground is expanded, just to save having to alter it again.

Expanding a football stadium is not something we should really worry about at the moment.

If safe standing did come in there are ways that you can really add to the number, just depends on whether or not it would get passed legally etc...

Please use this for the safe standing thread though otherwise we end up going off topic!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expanding a football stadium is not something we should really worry about at the moment.

If safe standing did come in there are ways that you can really add to the number, just depends on whether or not it would get passed legally etc...

Please use this for the safe standing thread though otherwise we end up going off topic!

Yeah ano I've gone completely off topic. But just to be childish, I didn't start it!!

It's your own fault Nick - you're threads seem to be popular! As the twitter jargon says - they're trending at the mo 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Yeah, well Gary Glitter is currently trending on twitter, so looks like Nick's as popular as Mr Glitter then. Lucky him. Haha

Not going to happen because of the cost of segregating the concourse, the lowering of the capacity and the extra policing required to seperate two sections.

And it wouldnt make the slightest difference, we'd still only have 70 people singing no matter where you sit them.

Not going to happen because of the cost of segregating the concourse, the lowering of the capacity and the extra policing required to seperate two sections.

And it wouldnt make the slightest difference, we'd still only have 70 people singing no matter where you sit them.

1) Its always going to be a cost to change the stadium plan. The benefits outweight the cost though. Other clubs similar to our size manage to deal with it. We are no Coventry or Boro.

2) Lowering capacity - in reflection of actual attendances would this really mean anything. Same again the benefits would outweigh the cost of this.

3) It would make a difference. Many fans will not go to the SE Corner because of what it is/was etc... Having done the whole NSBA project from last year I have the statistics to back this claim up. We would have more than 70 if the correct marketing tool was used by the club.

Just to add 6 lads / lasses want tickets together for the XXX game. They want to be in the singing area. They cannot get tickets all together in the SE Corner. There are alot more singers all dotted around the ground. If we had the South Stand as a Kop style research tells me these fans would move.

In addition, if the young 14 / 15 / 16 year olds from an early age see the South Stand, lets hope they say to Mum / Dad - I want to go in there when older. Can you honestly say that about any stand at the moment?

One good thing about the Kung Pow Chicken Stadium at Leicester is that when the stand behind the goal sings a bit with the Side stand they sing across the away corner. It's not intimidating, but when it happens it makes singing feel a bit futile. And this is Leicester City, a ground that I've never heard be as loud as Pride Park has been in times past.

I can't think of any negatives. Away fans won't like being huddled in a corner.

Like at the Ricoh where Cov singing comes from a little corner, it's just not intimidating even if there were tons of them. A group of men, however large, huddled around a corner flag aren't really as effective as behind a goal, blasting out into an open ground.

Not that it'll be rocking straight away. But its easier to join than the clique SE Corner.

I'd be a big supporter of this move if we could get a ball rolling in the right direction.

When we got promoted me and a mate moved our season tickets from the SE straight to the South stand, cracking seats compared to the corner too. Disappointed when we got moved back a few years ago, never understood it as 2/3 teams a year actually use the space created but we'd have sold it out anyway.

Away fans sound much louder due to being behind the goal compared to us stuffed in the corner, I'd like to see Derby fans behind each goal anyway. I think quite a few would be well up for this, when we opened it up in the PL season loads of people actually moved seats to there (Might shock a few of the numpties in the SE corner who think we only turned up for the PL) and if your forcing 1500 ST holders or so out of the corner then they will surely move to there too.

As mentioned I think it would work better if we moved into a "safe standing" stand rather than the layout now as it'd be half and half like the SE corner standing/singing wise. It would definatley improve the atmosphere at Pride Park as a whole, theres nothing worse than having 2000/3000 empty seats between the away following and the SE corner, no banter at all.

Do this, get rid of goal music, get rid of the "Come on you Rams" PA bit (Nicking Forests' ideas..) and cut out the PA music a good 15 minutes before KO to let the atmosphere build up. Oh, Rammie and his drum can do one too.

Just a thought, why not have the 'KOP' end to be the North Stand? Move the 'family' orientated crowds to the Toyota.

This would mean the away fans stay the same, no more costs for segregation but still have a full stand behind the goal available for the KOP.

Only downside would be being far away from the away fans for the banter, but then it would end up being a stand singing pure Derby chants..

I often follow the threads on this forum without actually commenting, but I feel I've got to add my voice on this one.

Firstly I've got to applaud the efforts to encourage/organise a singing section, I'd be the first to join it.

However, to say that the acoustics in the South East corner are poor, in my oppinion is a complete load of bo!!ocks. I regularly travel abroad to watch football at a Spanish 3rd division side who play in a 'concrete bowl' (acoustics couldn't possibly be worse) and the noise generated by the local fans puts Pride Park to shame.

Do you really think that moving the away fans to anywhere else in the ground wound would make a jot of difference to the atmosphere they generate for their side, if you do, I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Do we not make ourselves heard at away grounds? That is because the fans that travel to away matches are like minded people, we all want to vocally support our team!

Back in the day of the Baseball ground we all turned up around 1:00 or 1:30 to take our places on the terracing and we went and stood where we knew we would be with other like minded fans that wanted to sing, it was simple.

The major problem now at home games is that we have to be where our ticket number is.

Solution - Make one stand unreserved seating (standing), soon you would have a nucleus of fans arriving earlier to take their prefared place and all 'singing fans' congregating in the same area.

I personally don't think it is a good idea to move the away fans as this would require there being two sections of segregation thus reducing the ground capacity.

For me, the answer is to get all our vocal support in one area and drown out the away fans. Its down to our desire to outsing the opposition. Lets have unreserved seating.

Its not that the SE corner sounds poor. The biggest problem is that its such a small section, full of season ticket holders that it's nearly impossible to get anywhere near it. At the minute if you were to go with your mates and go to the 'singing' section, the closest you could get is probably right down at the corner flag. Single seats probably become available now and again but it isn't good enough.

Having a KOP stand gives people the freedom to go where they want, but be around the same sort of people who want to be vocal, without getting funny looks off other folk. which tends to happen in most parts of the ground

I often follow the threads on this forum without actually commenting, but I feel I've got to add my voice on this one.

Firstly I've got to applaud the efforts to encourage/organise a singing section, I'd be the first to join it.

However, to say that the acoustics in the South East corner are poor, in my oppinion is a complete load of bo!!ocks. I regularly travel abroad to watch football at a Spanish 3rd division side who play in a 'concrete bowl' (acoustics couldn't possibly be worse) and the noise generated by the local fans puts Pride Park to shame.

Do you really think that moving the away fans to anywhere else in the ground wound would make a jot of difference to the atmosphere they generate for their side, if you do, I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Do we not make ourselves heard at away grounds? That is because the fans that travel to away matches are like minded people, we all want to vocally support our team!

Back in the day of the Baseball ground we all turned up around 1:00 or 1:30 to take our places on the terracing and we went and stood where we knew we would be with other like minded fans that wanted to sing, it was simple.

The major problem now at home games is that we have to be where our ticket number is.

Solution - Make one stand unreserved seating (standing), soon you would have a nucleus of fans arriving earlier to take their prefared place and all 'singing fans' congregating in the same area.

I personally don't think it is a good idea to move the away fans as this would require there being two sections of segregation thus reducing the ground capacity.

For me, the answer is to get all our vocal support in one area and drown out the away fans. Its down to our desire to outsing the opposition. Lets have unreserved seating.

Having been to Leicester a number of times I would argue a number of assertions you made there are wrong.

Archived