Tom Carroll

one_chop

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not excatly free-flowing though?

We keep the ball on the floor and play pretty simple passes, there isn't many teams in this division that do that... we don't have players that run past their man, we just have players that will play the 5-10 yard passes and get through that way, or not as the case may be.

I don't see how you can class us as a hoof team? who in the world would we hoof it too even if we wanted too.. we play with men behind the ball for one, and we tend to play the ball through midfield, well that's the way I see it

we're not exciting by any stretch of the imagination but we play with the ball on the floor, a lot more than most teams in this division.

I'm not calling us a hoof team mate.

Just their are teams in this division who are 100% focused on developing a passing game. Adkins and Poyet and Hill say they won't change their style no matter what. Blackpool play fast end to end suicide stuff that is exciting but risky. Cardiff have plenty of experience, a good manager and lots of confidence to knock it about a bit.

I'd say Derby have no style. They mix it up like a lot of teams.

But if Spurs want this youngster to go to a passing side, there are a few with more quality or confidence or experience or tactical restrictions that would guarantee he plays along the floor and develop technically.

We have a tiny team. I don't expect any joy from long balls. But we do play the long ball for sustained periods in games.

Even Coventry, did you see the ease in which the knocked the ball around us at times? Hull too. I've not seen us do that at all this season.

I'm not saying we should change the way we play, or that we are a hoofball side because that's a debate for another thread. I'm simply saying if I was Spurs and I wanted Carroll to work on his technical game, I'd pick one of the 7/8 sides that play confident football enjoying majority possession. We do neither for sustained periods

I'm not calling us a hoof team mate.

Just their are teams in this division who are 100% focused on developing a passing game. Adkins and Poyet and Hill say they won't change their style no matter what. Blackpool play fast end to end suicide stuff that is exciting but risky. Cardiff have plenty of experience, a good manager and lots of confidence to knock it about a bit.

I'd say Derby have no style. They mix it up like a lot of teams.

But if Spurs want this youngster to go to a passing side, there are a few with more quality or confidence or experience or tactical restrictions that would guarantee he plays along the floor and develop technically.

We have a style, that we can't change... Adkins passing style? the thing that makes Southampton so succesful in this league is because they have the ability to play the ball, and they have the out ball in lambert which they used against us in our game at pride park, they were knocking it long to him for half the game.

We play disciplined football, we play the ball around simply and make the ball move for us. 90% of the time our players receive the ball to feet, and are forced to play it to feet. My guess is that Redkanpp or whoever choices likes the idea of Carroll joining a team that can instill a sense of discipline into his game, who can do the basics right.

Could be an excelltent signing if this happens. He is a much better option than Oliver Lee. Sounds like he is a real talent and ready to make an impact for us at this level. Fingers crossed on this one. Clough does have a habit of going for small players.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/teenager-tom-carroll-growing-in-stature-at-spurs

a few quotes on him from Tim Sherwood at spurs,

"He could play for them [barcelona], no question," Sherwood said. "He's got the lot. He's technically good enough, sees a pass, can pop it [the ball] round the corner and only Jake Livermore [the 21-year-old midfielder] runs more than him in a game in the first team."

He sounds on the small side......

"He's one of those who has needed a bit more time to develop physically," Sherwood said. "He could have got released and I'm sure there are lots of Tom Carrolls who have been released. He's never going to be giant but he will grow and hopefully not look like the mascot anymore."

His sports teacher said.....

"He has such a low centre of gravity and such good feet. If he was a foot and a bit taller he would be in Spurs' first team now. He's the best I've ever taught."

Seems like despite his size he is good on the ball. Tim Sherwood said he was

"still a squeaky little kid but his football does the talking now"

Sherwood on the reason why he was sent on loan and why he might be encouraged to move to Clough's disciplined passing Rams...

"play in a league where people's mortgages are at stake and you have to play with responsibility".

Carroll had a great game for spurs against Stoke in the carling cup, despite his small frame...

"they couldn't lay a glove on him."

Rednkap says of Carroll ;

"Tom is only a slip of a lad but a fantastic footballer, he really knows how to play the game,"

This story is on Sky Sports News scrolling Championship news thingy. He's played 7 times in cups for Spurs this season, so he can't be that bad 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />. It'd be nice if he was a view to a permanent. Did I read he's a LB, or am I making that up?

He's a midfielder,and decent i believe, i said on 1st page of this rumour my mate who's a spurs fan,says he likes to get on the ball and make things happen, he's smallish, like Barry Bannan.....

If he comes, i think he'll be good for us, especially if Greenie goes.

We're not exactly free-flowing but the reason why is that we don't have a Carroll figure in the middle of the park. I think we would be with him in the side.

Bailey's passing hasn't been at its best recently and while Bryson and Hendrick can pick out a pass too, their vision isn't quite on the same level. I'd be happy with this.

Archived