Tom Carroll

one_chop

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who would make way though if he starts wont be bryson, probably hendrick or green?

indeed - that's why i'm slightly suprised at this signing.

surely we need right mid sorting?

i'm not doubting the lad's ability and i welcome the idea that we are committed to playing attractive football - i would have expected a further option on the right.

indeed - that's why i'm slightly suprised at this signing.

surely we need right mid sorting?

i'm not doubting the lad's ability and i welcome the idea that we are committed to playing attractive football - i would have expected a further option on the right.

Maybe Clough is wanting to change the formation a bit by having one main forward up front like say for example how we had it on saturday. Then we could let Ward and Bryson push forward maybe with Carroll as well, with the likes of either Bailey/Hendrick/Green as two defensive midfielders as like the badly done sketch below lol.

-----------Fielding-------------

Brayford--- Barker---Shackell--- Roberts

---Hendrick/Green----Bailey---

---Bryson---Carroll---- Ward----

-------Ball/S.Davies----------

I expect he will start on the bench and on 75mins he will come on to replace Bailey, then 85mins Buxton will come on to defend our win/draw/loss

Maybe we will play with Bryson, Carroll and Ward plus either Hendrick or Bailey, then Noble, Davies or Tyson inside right. Would we need right midfielder with Brayford plus a mobile inside right?

I hope we keep Green tho, we need some strength in depth.

Good to see the Carroll signing lets hope he adds some flair to the team and we can get our passing game going in midfield. Will he be able to play in the play offs if we get there?

Maybe we will play with Bryson, Carroll and Ward plus either Hendrick or Bailey, then Noble, Davies or Tyson inside right. Would we need right midfielder with Brayford plus a mobile inside right?

Good to see the Carroll signing lets hope he adds some flair to the team and we can get our passing game going in midfield. Will he be able to play in the play offs if we get there?

Our passing is above average in the middle, it's been absolutely fine and more consistent than ever. I guess Carroll will act as a catalyst and get the flair going - so often Hendrick and Bailey nearly pull off wonder passes. A bit of guidance will surely help them.

We don't really play with wingers or even wide players. We have 3 central players with an outside forward who cuts in. The role Green or Davies on the right is to stop full backs bombing down that flank. That allows us to play more centrally and gives Ward more license to cut in. With Brayford and Green together, there's not a world of creativity there but teams don't have a lot of joy down that flank. Part of the reason Cywka was done for Derby was when, at Reading, he didn't stay behind his fullback, leaving us exposed down that flank.

This current team is very, very different to other Derby teams. We've had a history of wide players and 4-4-2 formations which rely on decent crossers of the ball. This team looks to break down clubs through the central channel.

A player of Carroll's talent should really help the squad improve our offensive game.

If Carroll was good enough to be a regular could he play on the left of a midfield four and Wardy switch to the right? Solves our right side!

Jamie plays too well on the left, when he cuts inside,to move him to the right. I'd say maybe Nige will play him on the right so he can curt inside like ward does? Not sure what sort of player he is, A Ben Davies or a Jamie Ward? Hopefully see against Forest 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

As opposed to bringing in Noble ?

If he is better than what we have got then that shouldnt be a consideration, of the ones listed how many actually get into the 16 anyway, and lets face it, if a 15 year old kid is ahead of you, surely you would consider your future anyway.

Or your attitude Leeds?

Archived