James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Bailey, I've talked to him in clubs in Manchester (mostly Revolution) and he always comes across very genuine and is such a nice bloke, makes me wonder if something kicked off there?

Think he's being sold for 3 reasons

1. I think he's one of the most valuable players in terms of sales price outside the starting 11.

2. He can only really play 1 position, which doesn't help when you have such a small squad.

3. He plays in the position we have arguably our strongest players.

That said I wouldn't sell him unless we get a good offer. I'm not as worried about him going now Coutts has come in though

I like Bailey, I've talked to him in clubs in Manchester (mostly Revolution) and he always comes across very genuine and is such a nice bloke, makes me wonder if something kicked off there?

Maybe it's because he spends a lot of time in manchester clubs explains why he's going.

No doubting his ability, at all - but Hendrick, Bryson are similar type of players and now Coutts offers us something different, with money available I would definitely keep him - without a shadow of a doubt. He has the ability to get back in the team, but at this moment we need to make some room for improvement and Bailey is one of them players where we could get a fair offer for as he is a good player and we can improve other areas.

Whoever gets him will be getting a good player, even for a premiership team he has something there to work with.

Always think when it comes to players leaving think about how you would act if they moved to Forest

so far players left or thinking will leave

Green - works hard, but his lack of quality at times(most of the time) would reassure me he isn't going to be a threat.

Addison - ruined, absolutely ruined would be surprised to see him get back on track, think he is a league one player now.

Maguire - would be a bit worried, must admit has talent and would be worried if he turned it on for them.

Shackell - wouldn't be worth thinking about, I know he isn't 'irreplaceable' but still a great proven asset at this level.

Savies - again, like Shackell on his day and fit is an asset to any team in this division, very talented.

and finally Bailey (to get us back on topic) would be more Maguire than Shackell, but he has the ability to make a big impact, top lad and seems to be one of the key people for this great feel around the club, as was Croft and everyone likes him.

oh, and croft... meh, wouldn't bother me... probably improve them however, certainly no better than andy pissing reid!!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Bailey could be here for the start of the season - personally delighted by that news! But it's down to lack of interest rather than anything else, honestly think whoever gets him will be getting an absolute gem my valuation of him would be 1.5million, I rate him really highly, always have and if he sticks around, I would have no doubt he'd break into the team once again!

No doubting his ability, at all - but Hendrick, Bryson are similar type of players and now Coutts offers us something different, with money available I would definitely keep him - without a shadow of a doubt. He has the ability to get back in the team, but at this moment we need to make some room for improvement and Bailey is one of them players where we could get a fair offer for as he is a good player and we can improve other areas.

Whoever gets him will be getting a good player, even for a premiership team he has something there to work with.

Always think when it comes to players leaving think about how you would act if they moved to Forest

so far players left or thinking will leave

Green - works hard, but his lack of quality at times(most of the time) would reassure me he isn't going to be a threat.

Addison - ruined, absolutely ruined would be surprised to see him get back on track, think he is a league one player now.

Maguire - would be a bit worried, must admit has talent and would be worried if he turned it on for them.

Shackell - wouldn't be worth thinking about, I know he isn't 'irreplaceable' but still a great proven asset at this level.

Savies - again, like Shackell on his day and fit is an asset to any team in this division, very talented.

and finally Bailey (to get us back on topic) would be more Maguire than Shackell, but he has the ability to make a big impact, top lad and seems to be one of the key people for this great feel around the club, as was Croft and everyone likes him.

oh, and croft... meh, wouldn't bother me... probably improve them however, certainly no better than andy pissing reid!!

Calm down, he's not that good, his main attribute is keeping possession and at times last year he was poor at that, his performance away at Southampton was one of the worse i've seen.

What does he really offer? Bryson, Hendrick and Bailey all offer too much of the same, tidy in possession but that's about it. None of them take the ball forward, score goals or make things happen. We need more variety in central midfield which hopefully Coutts can offer.

Calm down, he's not that good, his main attribute is keeping possession and at times last year he was poor at that, his performance away at Southampton was one of the worse i've seen.

What does he really offer? Bryson, Hendrick and Bailey all offer too much of the same, tidy in possession but that's about it. None of them take the ball forward, score goals or make things happen. We need more variety in central midfield which hopefully Coutts can offer.

I differ completely - I think he had a bad patch last season but christ shouldn't he get another chance? I think the previous 18 months before this bad patch, it was no coincidence that our bad runs lasted when he was injured, and when he was playing we looked a much better side.

I do concede he had a bad spell last season, but he is a centre midfielder I rate highly. I honestly think he has attributes to work with that could one day make him a premiership footballer - daft to think 12 months ago this was definitely the general consensus

No way is Bailey a premier league player. He needs to knuckle down and get some game time, make people remember what all the fuss was about. I can see him going on loan somewhere like Addison.

I differ completely - I think he had a bad patch last season but christ shouldn't he get another chance? I think the previous 18 months before this bad patch, it was no coincidence that our bad runs lasted when he was injured, and when he was playing we looked a much better side.

I do concede he had a bad spell last season, but he is a centre midfielder I rate highly. I honestly think he has attributes to work with that could one day make him a premiership footballer - daft to think 12 months ago this was definitely the general consensus

Wonder why no other manager agrees with you, I dont even think we have had one bid to turn down yet, you would think someone would think they are getting a bargain if that was the case.

I'm sure one of the Derby bloggers had some stats about how our points tally WITH Bailey was about twice what it was without him...

not sure how much this really means but he's a decent player... and I would say that his biggest attribute is his ball playing... his long passing is incredibkly accurate and incisive...

However I respect the fact that Nigel has said that he'd love to keep him as back up but that's essentially not fair on Bailey who should be playing every week somewhere...

I differ completely - I think he had a bad patch last season but christ shouldn't he get another chance?

I think Clough still rates him, but he's behind Bryson and Hendrick at the moment and has said he won't sign a new contract if he isn't #1. So that's why he's up for sale.

I've no doubt if Bailey was up for fighting for his place and re-signing NC would be delighted.

Lets not forget NC brought in an 18 year old loanee in last season who was picked above Bailey in numerours games despite us going on a losing run.

Clough has put him on the transfer list, and even come out saying that he will find it hard to break up the current pairing, this all before we brough Coutts in, he may rate him but its behind about 4 other midfielders and he obviously thinks he can use the money elsewhere, nothing wrong with that thats football.

Seems like Bailey could be here for the start of the season - personally delighted by that news! But it's down to lack of interest rather than anything else, honestly think whoever gets him will be getting an absolute gem my valuation of him would be 1.5million, I rate him really highly, always have and if he sticks around, I would have no doubt he'd break into the team once again!

Are you on a wind up? £1.5m. For what? A distinctly average Championship player.

Are you on a wind up? £1.5m. For what? A distinctly average Championship player.

Like I said, I rate him highly - obviously people have indifferent opinions on footballers but if I was manager he'd be someone I would keep unless they, themselves wanted out!

I think he is an intelligent footballer with a great passing range on him, still young and as someone else pointed out, since his been here we've be a hell of a lot better with him in our team than without him!

I think Bailey is a cracking player and when he has been playing we do tend to perform better.

that said I think he has struggles last season with injuries and never did really get into his stride, must have been difficult playing bit parts due to injuries and the form of bryson/hendrick but i think he has the ability to go onto the premiership but isnt there yet.

that said if he doesnt play full seasons and is used as a backup he'll be a nobody player who ends up between league 1/championship for his career. he needs to either leave for himself or force his way into the team

Like I said, I rate him highly - obviously people have indifferent opinions on footballers but if I was manager he'd be someone I would keep unless they, themselves wanted out!

I think he is an intelligent footballer with a great passing range on him, still young and as someone else pointed out, since his been here we've be a hell of a lot better with him in our team than without him!

I think we have to take the lack of interest in him as a sign he is not so highly rated by others. If he had anything reasonable offered we would have taken it as we are (or certainly should be) still looking for more players as the deadline approaches.

I think we have to take the lack of interest in him as a sign he is not so highly rated by others. If he had anything reasonable offered we would have taken it as we are (or certainly should be) still looking for more players as the deadline approaches.

Or they are worried about his injury record - he's injured again by the way

Archived