James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

To be fair I rate Bailey. He's a tidy player. He may not be the most creative or the most combative but he will provide cover and he can play the ball and control it. A poor mans Scott Parker. I feel for him as where are his options to pass to?

At the start of the season my starting XI would have been

Fielding

Bradford, Shackell, Barker, Roberts

Bailey, Bryson

Tyson, Cywka, Ward

Maguire

No I know Tyson and Barker wouldn't have been fit and that would have meant a different starting XI but in essence that would be what I thought would be our strongest. Maybe Maguire where Cywka is and Davies up front? But it would certainly have had Bailey in there and he would have been one of the first names in there. Baffles me he can't make the bench now

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something would have been agreed before Caroll came on loan- stating that he has to play a certain amount of games if fit- Can't see any other reason why we would pick him over Bailey. Bit of a strange loan anyway- why not get a RB or CB instead as we have no cover there?

something would have been agreed before Caroll came on loan- stating that he has to play a certain amount of games if fit- Can't see any other reason why we would pick him over Bailey. Bit of a strange loan anyway- why not get a RB or CB instead as we have no cover there?

I cant see Clough ever agreeing to anything like that.

• 2 months later...

Sky Sports understands Derby are willing to listen to offers for midfielder James Bailey.

Bailey lost his place in Nigel Clough's starting XI at the back end of this season through injury after previously establishing himself as an integral member of the side since arriving from Crewe in the summer of 2010.

The 23-year-old capped his first season at the club by being named Young Player of the Year, and his performances caught the attention of several Premier League clubs.

However, since the turn of the year Bailey has found himself on the bench and the news has alerted a number of his suitors to his possible availability this summer.

Bailey is thought to be happy at Derby, but could be tempted by the promise of regular first-team football if any of the interested parties come calling.

Should Derby decide to cash-in on the midfield dynamo, Bailey is sure to have no shortage of admirers - with clubs in the Premier League and Championship tracking him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7762899/?

This is just crazy! Must have fallen out with NC.....

Not really, he is good and has improved since arriving but we now have Bryson and Hendrick playing even better- If we can make a profit I would think it was good business

I would like to think that Clough has a replacement for Bailey in mind and us having a realistic chance of signing X player. Can't rely on Bryson and Hendrick all season, now Green has gone as well we will have no backup at all in the centre.

Not sure I would feel comfortable with just 3 cm's either with the injuries we seem to pick up.

I think Bailey is very similar to Hendrick and Bryson and doesn't really bring us anything different when he comes on, although i do really like him he's probably the most valuable player outside the starting 11. I think Clough wants rid to bring in a more experienced defensive midfielder to bring on when were 1 goal up towards the end of a game.

Clough hinted at the Q+A session that he was reluctant to sign a new contract, and he doesn't spend a lot of time in Derby to say he plays for us, spends most of his time back home in the Manchester region, so may prefer a move closer to home. Suppose Clough would prefer to sell now instead of losing him for nothing next year. Suppose of Bryson or Hendrick do get injured, we could always bring Hughes into centre mid

Archived