James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, i dont think Hughes has the strength or stamina to play in the centre, although he did knock people about when he did play... For some games he would be alright, but for battling away games, not for me, doea anyone know if we have any good centre mids in the youth team?

I read somewhere that Hughes was a cross county champion at his school, maybe even derbyshire, so i would say he might just have the stamina!

Bailey will sign for Blackpool this summer..

He spends his time in the north-west, Blackpool play passing style football, Holloway is after a replacement for Ferguson whose pushing 35 now.. Blackpool will be in th NPC next season which will garauntee Bailey first team football.. Wages won't be a problem.

$400k with promotion add-ons and he'll be gone.

Clough said so in an interview

When was this then sage?

Amazing that clough drops a player mid way through a season, brings in a replacement from the prem league who despite being constantly poo every week gets ahead of bailey, and then when we here he can go, its because the player refused a contract, not because our manager does not want him.

When was this then sage?

Amazing that clough drops a player mid way through a season, brings in a replacement from the prem league who despite being constantly poo every week gets ahead of bailey, and then when we here he can go, its because the player refused a contract, not because our manager does not want him.

He is third choice behind Bryson and Hendrick. On this seasons form, rightly so. If he isn't keen on a new contract, that suggests there was talk of one. Not everything revolves around NC 'having it in for' players if they are dropped or sold.

Clough hinted at the Q+A session that he was reluctant to sign a new contract, and he doesn't spend a lot of time in Derby to say he plays for us, spends most of his time back home in the Manchester region, so may prefer a move closer to home. Suppose Clough would prefer to sell now instead of losing him for nothing next year. Suppose of Bryson or Hendrick do get injured, we could always bring Hughes into centre mid

Here you go

When was this then sage?

Clough did say that Bailey dropped off a lot during before Carroll came in and only started to work harder when Carroll threatened his place in the starting 11. I see a lot of the times of his twitter that he's doing a lot of work in the gym, maybe he's trying to get back into pre-season in the best possible shape, and maybe force Clough's hand to get him back in the first team or at least challenging. He does have some very good friends at Derby, I've seen him up in Manchester before out with Theo Robinson, Lee Croft and Frank Fielding before, so I'd imagine he'd prefer to stay

Hell stay I'm don't mean to tempt fate bug what happens if say Bryson or Hendrick get injured on international duty then were screwed!

Obviously if we sell him we won't sign someone else.

just depends on how much we can make on him really... cant see a better replacement for under 300,000 but he's not the most consistent... he drifts out of games and looks great in others... people get narked when players leave on a free though so i'd say get rid.... int Dobbie a free agent soon? could swap em maybe

I read somewhere that Hughes was a cross county champion at his school, maybe even derbyshire, so i would say he might just have the stamina!

I think the type of player that can play in central midfield will gradually change. Tackling is pretty much being outlawed, when you think of it, name me a tough tackling central midfielder playing in the prem or in the championship that isn't suspended for 4 or 5 games a season.

Most of the central midfielders dont go launching in. There's no "leaving your mark on someone early doors" type of challenge allowed anymore. Even the fair but tough challenges are being fizzled out due to the cheating ******** who make a meal out of any contact.

That's why central midfielders of the next couple of years will be those who can look after the ball. I think Hughes looked fairly comfortable all game against Peterborough, i think he only gave it away once and that was with his first touch. He was probably still catching his breath.

Maybe as well could NC to be a tiny bit narked that Bailey didn't go to Wigan as rumoured, giving us a few quid to strengthen in January. Would NC be entitlled to that if he's decided James is not going to dislodge Hendrick and Bryson and wantewd to bring in a striker to get us goals.

I like Bailey a lot and have seen him play the occasional blinding ball (pre season he played two absolute world class inch perfect balls to Tyson, I think it was the villa game) he's possibly even got enough in him to play in the premier league where he'll get more time on the ball. He won't ever be a regular 40 game a season man though.

In my opinion, sometimes you've got to juggle things around a bit, we didnt need an extra central midfielder last year and Hughes looks as if he might be able to step in and cover (maybe more) this season. A move would likely benefit Bailey and the club, James is too good to not be playing, but not likely to be first choice and we could do with the 700-1m we'll get for him.

If this happens I will never buy a season ticket ever again until the current owners have left. He's worth at least a million, and is, in my opinion, an integral part of the team.

Gladly, there's no chance of it happening.

Why? He's not a regular player in the team no more and all he is doing is sat on the bench? We could do with selling him to get some cash to improve our squad further by getting a decent centre-forward & some more flair in the midfield.

Bailey will sign for Blackpool this summer..

He spends his time in the north-west, Blackpool play passing style football, Holloway is after a replacement for Ferguson whose pushing 35 now.. Blackpool will be in th NPC next season which will garauntee Bailey first team football.. Wages won't be a problem.

$400k with promotion add-ons and he'll be gone.

If that was to happen that'd be a good deal for Derby.

I think the type of player that can play in central midfield will gradually change. Tackling is pretty much being outlawed, when you think of it, name me a tough tackling central midfielder playing in the prem or in the championship that isn't suspended for 4 or 5 games a season.

Nigel De Jong, Marouine Fellaini, Tim Cahill, Scott Parker and Karl Henry I'd argue are all tough but relatively clean tacklers, obviously you have the Cattermoles and Bartons but their ******

Archived