James Bailey

DcFc Dyycheee

Clough hinted at the Q+A session that he was reluctant to sign a new contract, and he doesn't spend a lot of time in Derby to say he plays for us, spends most of his time back home in the Manchester region, so may prefer a move closer to home. Suppose Clough would prefer to sell now instead of losing him for nothing next year. Suppose of Bryson or Hendrick do get injured, we could always bring Hughes into centre mid

For me, i dont think Hughes has the strength or stamina to play in the centre, although he did knock people about when he did play... For some games he would be alright, but for battling away games, not for me, doea anyone know if we have any good centre mids in the youth team?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, i dont think Hughes has the strength or stamina to play in the centre, although he did knock people about when he did play... For some games he would be alright, but for battling away games, not for me, doea anyone know if we have any good centre mids in the youth team?

Have you seen a lot of Hughes to think that? Just wondered, as i've only really seen him play once. Looked ok to me!

David Silva doesn't have the first, and he doesn't have the second in abundance.

And yes you should compare them. He may not end up a world class player but that's the kind of player he is. Don't expect him to significantly bulk up - and nor should he.

iv'e only seen him in the game that he played and he looks a very good player, but i dont think he could play in the centre, on the right, cutting inside is fine, but Bryson and Hendrick have the stamina and ability to get up and down the pitch for the full 90 minutes, and i dont think Hughes could do that, but i do think the stamina will come soon if he gets a couple of games, he's a top player.

David Silva doesn't have the first, and he doesn't have the second in abundance.

And yes you should compare them. He may not end up a world class player but that's the kind of player he is. Don't expect him to significantly bulk up - and nor should he.

Yeah but David Silva plays on the right for City, as did Hughes when he played for us, thats where i think we should play him.

Yeah but David Silva plays on the right for City, as did Hughes when he played for us, thats where i think we should play him.

But he can play in the centre and has done for Spain.

My point was, if you have the skill, you don't need the strength. I've seen him play against some pretty big boys for the U18s and still boss the game. But he is a risk in the centre, for inexperience as much as anything.

We need another CM, especially if Bailey's going. Who else is there if Hendrick and Bryson are out injured? Doyle?

But he can play in the centre and has done for Spain.

My point was, if you have the skill, you don't need the strength. I've seen him play against some pretty big boys for the U18s and still boss the game. But he is a risk in the centre, for inexperience as much as anything.

We need another CM, especially if Bailey's going. Who else is there if Hendrick and Bryson are out injured? Doyle?

Fare point, and i agree, we do need a centre mid if he goes, Cloughie has said though, if we sell players, we will make sure we have a cheaper replacement for em, so maybe we have got one lined up, hopefully anyway.

I'd be massively disappointed if we let Bailey go for cheap, one of my favourite players in the current squad and one of Cloughs best signing, we have 3 good centre midfielders and for me definitely shouldn't try and get rid of one of them!

I'd be massively disappointed if we let Bailey go for cheap, one of my favourite players in the current squad and one of Cloughs best signing, we have 3 good centre midfielders and for me definitely shouldn't try and get rid of one of them!

I think Clough has said he is out of contract next year and he is behind Hendrick and Bryson. The thing for me is we dont know how they will play next season, Hendrick for example could be totally out and form and playing dreadfull so why not have other options? I still think he would rather bring in an older head as cover.

I think Clough has said he is out of contract next year and he is behind Hendrick and Bryson. The thing for me is we dont know how they will play next season, Hendrick for example could be totally out and form and playing dreadfull so why not have other options? I still think he would rather bring in an older head as cover.

I would definitely.. keep Bailey, and bring Richie Wellens in also for experience! 4 centre midfielders is a must for me.

don't see the need to get rid of Bailey, he won't be on massive amounts and provides the cover which we desperately need. looks like we really are struggling for money. 10 games into the season we'll have to loan Tom flipping Carroll back 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

There are 3 of note, all are due to be 2nd year scholars next year.

Dylan Hayes Irish U17's

Adam Wixed Irish U17's

Kayode Bola - Been out injured for alot of last season.

Maybe Cloughs thinking about the 4-1-3-2 formation again, and would like Hendrick/Bryson to sit in front of the back 4, and would like Ward, Jacobs and Caton/Bryson in the 3 behind the strikers?

No chance it will be 442, thats the way clough likes to play and now he has the players he wants will do.

Both of them could get injured first game of the season which would leave us right up **** creek and in need of Prem youngsters on loan which in recent experience (Carrol, Noble etc) hasn't worked. Isn't it supposed to be a squad game nowadays...

If he's out of contract next year and we can get £750k + now makes sense to cash in doesn't it rather than losing him for Jack next year?

Exactly what I was going to say once I'd caught up with the thread (only I wouldn't have put a figure).

And to the people moaning that we'll only have Jeff & Bryson, we're clearly looking at buying midfielders so take a chill pill and put your soapbox away.

Archived