so is nigels own team good enough

Curtains

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alex I don't mind you having a go you don't like me no problem but I take that last post as a veiled complement. Up the rams

Oh come on, it's a gentle jibe chap, but a few of us do remember you from your days on the DET. Up the Rams indeed, positive thinking and all that! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

How many games has Berbatov started this year?

Exactly the amount he should.. He does far too little, despite scoring a few goals (like S.Davies) to warrant a position in the tarting line up...

Welbeck, Rooney and Chicharito all have far better movement and are far better at defending from the top.. Something Man Utd have been working on.

Where this fits in with the debate I don't know, why are we discussing Man Utd in the derby county section? What numbnut keeps comparing us to these teams, every team is different with a different situation.

I'm quite happy for NC to blood the youngsters.. But in time.. No matter how good they are, 15 and 16 year olds should be nowhere near the first team.. Especially when fit seasoned pros are left out of the 16.

why do you think he is a flash young scot he doesn't come across like that people like george best rodney marsh paul mcgrath hardly trained but were brilliant on match days as were francis lee and charlie george infact john robertson larry lloyd0and kenny burns didn't like training but brian clough always played them so your analogy is flawed

Let's stop comparing Brian and Nigel, they're both their own men.

I suppose I was just saying for argument's sake, but he doesn't exactly look and sound like the world's most inspirational figure. And, remember, he was absolutely shocking against Cardiff. If he was playing like that in reserve games, then no wonder he's been struggling. But you make some good points.

Exactly the amount he should.. He does far too little, despite scoring a few goals (like S.Davies) to warrant a position in the tarting line up...

Welbeck, Rooney and Chicharito all have far better movement and are far better at defending from the top.. Something Man Utd have been working on.

Where this fits in with the debate I don't know, why are we discussing Man Utd in the derby county section? What numbnut keeps comparing us to these teams, every team is different with a different situation.

I'm quite happy for NC to blood the youngsters.. But in time.. No matter how good they are, 15 and 16 year olds should be nowhere near the first team.. Especially when fit seasoned pros are left out of the 16.

freudian slip? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

In fairness Nigel has 'nearly' done what 90% of people on here wanted, in the fact he is building a team, rather than buying one. I think anyone that expected this building process to be smooth and easy was in for a shock and that seems to be the people complaining.

What the academy has done is nothing short of a miracle, we can see many players that will be key to our side in the next few years and that's by just paying due care and attention in the youth sides.

We have made considerable strides in building a side here, people may want a few new faces and I can understand why but as I have said many times before, it is about the right person for this side now and not a complete overhall.

The emergence of Hendrick and OBrien and I think the young lads Bennett and Ball will be good but must be used carefully. The energy of Bryson and Robinson is so improved . Shackell with Barker should be good but I would love us to have fewer injuries to key players .

I agree almost entirely, the only thing i'm a bit less excited about (gasp) is Ball, not sure of him myself. I've watched alot of reserve football and a few Youth team games, he only seems to be dominating because of his height/strength at his age. Still, he's three years younger than me, plenty of time to turn him into a top target man eh 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think we defend pretty well from the top. Obviously they are in a different league when it comes to touch, movement and finishing, but Robinson compares well with any of those in terms of work rate and closing defenders down.

Did you go to the Cardiff , Pompey and Posh games like i did . Clough saw Maguire destroy Pompey and then because he misplaced a couple of passes against a super Cardiff side took him off and out the squad , Why ??

Maybe due to the fact he had broken his nose on the Portsmouth game and that the injury was affecting him more than thought. Trust me playing a game with a broken nose is not the most fun especially when heading the ball as the shockwaves go through the nose and makes your eyes water. Just a suggestion

It's a simple method that NC employs for squad selection, and some what similar to his father.

And by rough quotage....' you are employed to do xyz, don't do abc because you can't and we have xxxx to do that'. I k ow its not accurate, however NC wants players todo the job he asks of them, they are capable of and should shoulder the burden and get on with it.

The first 2-3 years it was a case of off loading the freeloaders, was always going to take time. Now we have a nucleus of hungry, ambitious players that want to prove and earn, rather then a bunch that have proved (admittedly dodgy in parts) and expect a big fat check to be lazy and a case of 'do you know who I am?'

We are slowly going in the right direction, and I agree slow is painful, however better than high risk, fast return of failure.

Archived