so is nigels own team good enough

Curtains

Goes to show there isn't an 'unbeatable' team in the NPC..

Derby beat Forest

Forest beat Boro

Boro beat Derby

Blackpool beat P'Boro

P'Boro beat Pompey

Pompey beat Blackpool

Milwall beat Leicester

Leicester beat Watford

Watford beat Millwall

Palace beat Ipswich

Ipswich beat Leeds

Leeds beat Palace

There are about another 30 examples of this..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we didn't buy Bryson & Maguire from Plymouth.

My mistake, I was writing the post WUI ( writing under the influence ) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> . I tend to think English and Scottish football as British football as you play on the same island. Apologies for everyone if this offends someone. Haven't seen maps for decades so you can blame my ignorance.

My mistake, I was writing the post WUI ( writing under the influence ) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> . I tend to think English and Scottish football as British football as you play on the same island. Apologies for everyone if this offends someone. Haven't seen maps for decades so you can blame my ignorance.

Was your map up side down mate?

Besides that, a better example is Alberto Bueno who we certainly didn't sign from Runcorn =)

• 3 weeks later...

While it might be a side that Nigel Clough has put together, I severely doubt whether it would have been his 1st choice team.

Give the man 5M to spend then we might see his first choice eleven.

The man is working miracles with what he has to work with. I honestly believe that any other manager would struggle to have a team capable of remaining in this division.

The team is most certainly greater than the sum of the parts and that is all to do with the work that Nigel and his management team have done.

He will remain in charge for the next 10 years at least and will build a legacy that will remain unchallenged for years to come.

Did you go to the Cardiff , Pompey and Posh games like i did . Clough saw Maguire destroy Pompey and then because he misplaced a couple of passes against a super Cardiff side took him off and out the squad , Why ??

That example is a bit harsh on Nige, Maguire was ineffective all game, couldnt keep hold of the ball so he brought someone else on to try and rectify that. It was Maguire's reaction that cost him his place in the squad at Peterborough. I didn't expect him to be in the team personally.

Did you go to the Cardiff , Pompey and Posh games like i did . Clough saw Maguire destroy Pompey and then because he misplaced a couple of passes against a super Cardiff side took him off and out the squad , Why ??

It isn't all about how the player performs - sometimes it's about who he's up against. Maybe Clough thought Robinson and Ward would be better equipped to deal with Peterborough's defenders?

Archived